X

KARINA heard the door slammed shut and sensed her mate out of the house. She released a huge sigh and got into the bathroom. Stripping down, she replayed their exchange over and over her head.

She knew she could've done better. He did not do anything wrong to her to be shut out like that. She was very aware that her insecurities were her own problem and dragging him into it won't do any good. She just can't sort herself out that well and in the end, she acted like a teenage wolf quite honestly.

Stepping into the shower, her muscles relaxed as the hot droplets of water rained on her skin. She closed her eyes and let her mind wander off.

She realized she was running away from her problems like she used to. Always clinging on to her crystals and isolating herself. The cowardly act worked a lot of times before but back then she felt she only had herself. Now, there was Andrin and his pack which was soon to be hers too.

She reminded herself to take things one at a time. Karina thought she was stressing over stuff too much. It had only been two days since she got here, she needed to ease up and compose herself. She was after all, a luna.

Enjoying the rest of the bath, she ceased thinking about it. After feeling squeaky clean, she walked back into the guest room she had hid the suitcases in and got dressed.

-

"Woah," Luca whistled lowly as he spotted Karina devouring the tub ice cream that the alpha told him to have delivered earlier.

"If you're looking for Andrin, he's not here," she stated and focused her attention back on the movie she was watching.

His luna was enjoying herself on the long gray couch with a tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream in her arms and a blanket which reeked of Andrin cocooning her.

"What do you want?" she questioned Luca when he simply stood and stared at her.

"You've magically grew your hair back long like when we've first met," he blurted out.

Karrie snorted at him and shrugged.

She decided after the bath that she would wear her long black wig again. She felt free with her short hair but maybe with her long one people would not stare at her anymore.

"You don't talk much do you?"

"Only to people who I'm comfortable with," she pointed out, "Now, what is it that you want?"

"A asked me to check up on you. It's way past lunch and he was worried you weren't eating again," the beta took the red couch on her left and awaited for her to answer.

Her brows furiously met. She was doing that a lot now and was bound to gain wrinkles. She had assumed that his mate was busy with Goddess knows what but now she suspected that he was avoiding her.

"Where is he anyway? He didn't drop by for lunch," she sat up and went to the kitchen to refrigerate her unfinished ice cream. Luca followed.

"He's in his office dealing with something...," The beta trailed off for a few seconds, "Important."

She shot him a glare not buying his bullshit. Obviously, his best bud had sent him to check up on her. Maybe he was really avoiding her but why would he? If anyone were to avoid anyone it would've been her.

"I'm going to him. Is he still in there?" She walks to the door and sniffed the air looking for the scent that drove her mad.

"Yes, he's in the middle of something though. Are you sure about this?" The beta looked at her like she was crazy, "In your pajamas and sports bra? The last time you wore something revealing I got my lip busted!"