1) Build a Bridge and Get Over It

I've loved dance moms for some time now, and well, I'm finally updating a story for it! I love Maddie and Gino!

By the way, this story is set in high school: 10th grade. (Which means they'll be older and more mature for some stuff)

Also, I LOVE Kalani and have nothing against her, but I needed a typical, pretty-mean girl and she just fits the description.

XXX

"Alright, everyone! Please take your seats and turn to page two hundred and thirty-nine in your History textbooks." Mrs.Gale's voice was louder over the chatter of students, and Maddie turned away from talking to her group of friends; Kendall and Nia.

"Now, who wants to read the opening paragraph for us?" Mrs. Gale's sharp, brown eyes scanned across the room as students wisely averted their gazes. Maddie looked down at her crossed fingers, praying that Mrs. Gale wouldn't- "How about you, Ms. Ziegler?"

Maddie groaned silently, and her friends giggled from behind her. She shot them a dirty look before sitting straighter in her seat and clearing her voice, "Um, introduction to the judicial bra-"

The door swung open, and came swaggering in was the boy that made Maddie go from embarrassed and miserable to annoyed and hateful in a few seconds.

It was Gino Cosculluela, boy of many titles; The heartbreaker, the bad boy, the player, the rich jackass, and he happens to be the bane of Maddie's existence. Seriously, no one made Maddie more irritated then him, and Maddie's the type of person who generally get's along with everyone. He knows it, she knows it, and so does the entire 10th grade, plus a few attentive teachers.

Everyone knew that Maddie and Gino absolutely hated each other, and wasn't afraid to show it. No one knows exactly when it had started, but now it has grown into something so popular that the everyone is always watching to see what happens next.

And Maddie hated that.

But what she hated even more was the smug smirk Gino wore every time they saw each other. The whole classroom went quiet as everyone's eyes turned to them, Maddie glared while Gino met her with an intense stare, and if you were to stand between the two, you might have gotten burned with the heated looks they were now giving each other.

Finally, the glaring/staring competition was broken when Mrs. Gale asked, "And exactly where have you've been, Mr. Cosculluela?"

Gino shrugged, " Lay off, had to take care of some business with principal Martin," He then tossed her a yellow slip that Mrs. Gale clumsily caught, "Said to bring this to you."

Mrs. Gale stared at the yellow slip for the longest of moments before her eyes narrowed into slits at Gino and practically growled, "Thank you Mr. Cosculluela, now go sit down."

Maddie let a small, satisfactory smile slide on to her lips. Mrs. Gale and her don't always see eye to eye, but if it's one thing that they had in common, it would definitely be their antipathy for Gino.

Gino just shrugged off the antipathy and swaggered down the many rows of seats, he was near Maddie's row and her whole body stiffened.

"Peanuts." Gino whispered, smirking.

"Go screw yourself." Maddie growled back. 'Peanuts' was a name Gino took full delight in pegging her with when she accidentally dropped a whole bag of peanuts in the middle of the hallway in second grade. It was stupid really, that Gino would pick that incident for a forever-nickname for, and it really pissed her off. It's probably why Gino keeps insisting on calling her that.