NINE.

originally published september 18, 2022

pairing: knight!steven grant x fem!princess!reader x knight!marc spector x knight!jake lockley

series summary: you were a princess who would rather be anything but a royal; he was the knight her father forced her to marry—a true match made in hell if there ever was one. but, as the wedding inches closer and closer, it seems that, perhaps, your father had finally done something right by you.

chapter summary: a look into what's happening with the princess.

word count: 1,509

warnings?: a shorter chapter whoops, kidnapping, vague descriptions of vomiting, not proofread

Your head fucking ached. Every little noise you heard felt like an explosion in your ears, as if you were right near a blast site when the explosion went off. God, why did your head hurt so much? You'd never experienced a headache quite like this before. The closest you'd ever experienced something like this was...Well, when you were poisoned, you supposed. But this was so much worse.

Why was it worse? What had happened to you? The last you remembered, you were leaving Nelson & Murdock. The security guard...What was his name? Billy? Was that right? (Why was it so hard for you to recall a name? You prided yourself on always being able to place a name to a face. This shouldn't be so difficult.) He had been following behind you. You reached the car and...

A wave of nausea washed over you. You felt the bile start to rise up your throat, your eyes stinging with tears. Before you could even process what was happening, the contents of your stomach emptied. The foul stench wafted in the...wherever you were. God, the smell alone made you want to vomit again. You weren't entirely sure if it was the smell, or perhaps that you still had remnants of whatever this sickness was, but you found yourself retching again, the horrible smell growing worse.

"Fucking bitch," a voice swore.

Who was that? Was that Billy? You couldn't quite recall what he sounded like... He had spoken to you before, hadn't he? Yes. Yes, he had. What had he said? It was right when you gotten to the car, wasn't it?

"He's not going to be happy about that," a different voice said. It was a woman, you think. At least, it was a more feminine voice. "No evidence, he said."

"Think we already fucked up on that account. I didn't realize there were cameras near the car."

"That footage has already been destroyed," the woman said. "I almost felt bad for that poor security guard. J.B., was it? He looked like he was about to piss his pants."

"You made sure he wouldn't say anything about what he saw, Bobbi?"

"Can't say anything if he's dead, can he?"