The Beginning of the End

A/N
Oh yea! Two updates in one day! I've been waiting to write this one. The feels are overwhelming! Also, there are hints of depression and attempted suicide. Don't do that stuff. If you need help, talk to someone, anyone, to help you. If there is no one, I'm always here for you guys. You've been warned.

Previously...

"Now, young Phantomhive, let me tell you a story. The story of how I made a contract with my Lady."

Currently...

-Flashback-

Victoria POV

I was aimlessly wondering the streets of London. I had just finished devoring the soul of my latest contract victim. I licked my lips, savoring the sweet taste of his soul. My latest meal was a foolish man. One whose wish was for wealth. Of course, that's what ended up killing him before the contract was actually supposed to end. I was contemplating my next move, when it started to rain.

"Damn rain..." I curse as I wrap my black trench coat around me tighter. I continued walking, without a destination in my mind. I find myself getting lost in the woods. I inhale deeply, using my demon senses.

"There seems to be some humans near," I mumble to myself. I walk in the direction where the scent is coming from. I final emerge from the trees, only to step back in surprise. I grimaced at the ugly looking manor that was ahead. The walls were chipped and discolored from age. The garden was overgrown, weeds were over taking the flowers. It looked like nothing had been cleaned or cared for at all in several years. After I recovered from my initial impression, I walk to the large front door and put my fist on the door, but it opened on it's own. The inside looked even worse than the outside, if that was even possible. The wallpaper was peeling, the wooden banisters were cracked, and the curtains in shreds. I walked up the first flight of steps and I noticed a large portrait. It was of a young boy, it seemed. He was wearing all blue, even his ring was blue. He also had slate hair and bright blue eyes. I remembered him from somewhere.

"Hmmmm. It's Ciel Phantomhive! The queens guard dog. As I recall, he made a contract with the crow demon, Sebastian Michaelis. He ended up becoming demon himself, thanks to Alois Trancy. He had to leave his fiancé behind. Hm. What a sad story," I stated. I continue past the painting, but I start to hear voices. Curiously, I hunt down the voices. I end up in the servant quarters.

"Its been two years since the young master went missing," a female voice said.

"I know, Mey Rin, but we can't get all depressed," said a high pitched male voice, "we have to stay strong! For Lady Elizabeth!"

"I'm sorry, Finny, but I give up. What's the point? She hasn't come out of her room in weeks except for her daily meal. Not to mention, the manor is in shambles! It's on its last leg. I think we need just pack up and move," replied a deep male voice.

"How can you say the Bard?! This is the home of Ciel, and you just want to leave?" Cried 'Mey Rin'.

"I agree! We need to stay! Not just for the Lady, but for Ciel!" Replied 'Finny'.

I ended up getting bored from their conversation. I made my way through the rest of the manor, not really going anywhere. I will admit, I am a little curious as to who this 'Lady Elizabeth' is, I thought. With my mind set, I honed in my demon senses to track little Lizzie. My nose lead me to what seemed to be a bedroom. I gently put my ear against the door to hear what she was doing. I frowned as I heard pitiful sobs.

"Ciel... Why did you leave me?" Cried a female voice. The voice continued, "Don't worry, Ciel. We'll be together soon, my love." My eyes widened as I heard the sound of a metal sword being dragged out of its holder. I listened to reason and burst into the room. I saw a sight that I never want to see again. A teenage girl with bright, blond hair, which was stained with blood at the tips, was holding a sword to her cheat, just below her collar bone. Her arms were covered in previous scars and new ones as well. Before she could impale herself, I let out my demon and transported her into my mind, just as any demon would before making a contract.

"I wanted to at least take a short break before I make my next contract, but I can't stand to see such a bright and innocent soul, such as yours, go to waste."

"W-What? Who's there?!" She screamed, obviously frightened.

"Don't worry, little one. I'm the solution to your pain."

"My pain would have ended already id you had just let me die!"

"Hm. You have a good point. But don't you want to see you beloved Ciel Phantomhive again?" I asked, smirking.

"Ciel? How do you know him? How do you know me! Who are you?!" She screamed into the darkness.

"My name is Victoria. I am a demon. One thing you may not know about demons is that we are eternal. We have a lot of spare time, so to kill boredom, we make contracts to human mortals."

"Contracts? What do you mean 'contracts'?"

"Simple. Once we choose a human to save, the human simply has to ask for one wish. It will be my duty to achieve this goal. Once the goal is achieved, then I get my reward," I licked my lips at the thought of another delicious soul.

"R-Reward?"

"Why yes. My reward is your soul."

"My soul?" She gulped.

"Yes. So, after hearing the criteria, would you, Lady Elizabeth Middleford, like to make a contract with a demon?" She hesitated before answering.

"And this wish, it can be anything, right? Anything at all?" She asked, looking up to me with those big, emerald eyes.

"Anything you desire."

"Yes! I want to make a contract!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Excellent. What is your wish?"

"My wish... Oh, my wish, is to see my love, Ciel Phantomhive once again so I can proclaim my love for him!" She cried, tears of joy streaming down her face.

"Yes, my lady," I said as I appeared before her, in traditional butler attire. I hated dresses. I kneeled before her, looked into her eyes for permission. She nodded and I reached my hand forward. I touched my fingers to the spot on her chest, just below her collar bone, and placed my mark. (A/N look at the image above for what Victoria's contract mark.) After it was placed, she fainted into my arms. I gingerly picked her up bridal style and transported us back to reality. I tucked her into bed, kissed her forehead, and left the room.

By the time Elizabeth woke up, the manor would be in tip top shape, just as it used to be. Her first order was to change the herself and the servants into demons so that they all might see their beloved Ciel again. Everyday, my Lady would tell me all about Ciel and how much she loved him. Her dedication to Ciel is a force to be reckoned with, I mused. I continue my butler duties as normal, until the day Ciel Phantomhive showed up at our doorsteps.

-Flashback End-

"And that is why I know for a fact that Lady Elizabeth still loves you," I finished my story.

"S-She was about to commit suicide because of me?" Ciel asked, his voice trembling.

"Yes, but don't take this as a bad thing. Just know that she still loves you. Just be patient and give her time," and with that, I get up, pass Sebastian, and head to my lady's bedroom.

Watch yourself, Ciel Phantomhive. If you hurt my Lady more than you already have, I will destroy you.