Chapter 20

Menma spent the next week in the clinic, with Tsunade-sama and other nurses checking on him constantly, making sure his wounds hadn't been reopened and were healing properly. He was sick of this room. Iruka had visited him often throughout the week, furious that he was the last to find out about not only Menma's condition, but the situation regarding both Naruto's and Sasuke's other families. Kakashi usually visited with him, bringing along with him Menma's only form of entertainment. Books. He must have read a shelf full of books by now.
His mother visited too, as well as his father, but both of them also still had jobs to do so they didn't get to visit as often as they seemed to want to. Hinata dropped by as well a few times. Bringing him snacks and talking to him to keep him occupied, Himawari came with her a few times as well, so he got to know both of them better. Hinata even said he could call her auntie if he wanted to.
Neither Sarada nor Boruto visited him the rest of the time he stayed there, but he couldn't blame them. If he had learned out of nowhere that the kid you became friends with was actually your half-brother and both of your dads secretly loved each other, he'd stay away too. It hurt a bit, he'd admit, but he tried not to dwell on it too much. They had a lot to think about.
He was released Saturday afternoon, with strict instructions from Tsunade to go straight home and try not to do anything straining, so he wouldn't rip his stitches. He wouldn't be allowed to do any training or missions for another week. Or until his wounds were completely healed. Luckily for him, he seemed to have inherited his mothers crazy healing ability, despite not having a Kyuubi. So it shouldn't be too much longer until it heals fully.
He walked home silently, taking in the road he's walked so often with grateful eyes. Now that he wasn't surrounded by the blinding bland white of the hospital's walls. When he reached the clearing where his house was he was a bit winded, but tried to ignore it. He glanced over at the garden and noticed some of the taller sunflower sections were swaying. It wasn't windy. He quietly stalked over to the sunflower patch, picking up a medium sized rock and getting into a defensive stance.
He reached out to the stems to try and gently push them out of his way but before he could, a kid with dirt on their face and leaves in their blonde hair beat him to it. Menma shouted in surprise and dropped the rock, the boy yelping in surprise and falling backwards on his rear. Menma breathed deeply a few times before pulling the stems aside and staring in shock as the boy on the other side stood up, rubbing his backside to try and soothe it.

"Boruto!?"

"Ow, yeah?" the boy grumbled, pushing past him and heading to the side of the house, where the tools for the garden were currently located. He was still rubbing his behind.

"What are you doing here," Menma stared at him with wide eyes, following the blondes every move, "how did you know where I lived!?"

"Lord Seventh and Dad told us," Sarada poked her head from around the back of the house, where the rest of the garden was located. She was just as dirty as Boruto. "We figured we would take care of the garden for you while you recovered. We know how much it means to you."

"Wait, so," Menma subconsciously crossed his arms over his stomach. "You guys, aren't upset with me...?"

"What for," Boruto gave him a look, "It's not your fault our dads had to hide their relationship."

"It kinda is," Menma argued. Boruto shrugged.

"Not really. Besides, we're both over it. Sasuke and Sarada's mom are in the middle of getting their divorce-"

"Which is starting to get really heated on Mom's part," Sarada added sheepishly, "I think the court may end up giving Dad full custody until she's more mentally stable than she is now. Learning of their affair really did something to her."

"Anyway~," Boruto announced loudly, bending down to pick up a watering can. "They're in the middle of that, and Dad and mom are going to get divorced shortly after. I think they've agreed on shared custody, so they, Sasuke and Dad, would get us one week and we'd, me and Hima, would stay with Mom the next."

"Wow," Menma was at a loss for words. A lot happened while he was gone.

"Yep, so like it or not, you'll be stuck with us," Sarada smiled wide, 'We'll be one big happy family and we'll get to live here with you full time! Well, in Boruto's case half time, but still!" Menma felt teary-eyed.

"I won't be alone anymore?" Boruto and Sarada shook their heads, varying levels of amusement on their faces. When Boruto noticed the tears in the raven's eyes he groaned.

"Oh god don't you cry too," Boruto said, "I've seen enough crying for the rest of my life." Menma was so startled he laughed. Boruto scowled and splashed him with water.
He smirked as Sarada gasped. Menma had a look of surprise on his face that slowly turned into one that said "Game on." Menma grabbed the water hose and turned it on, splashing water in Boruto's face. Now it was the Blondes turn to be surprised. Sarada burst out laughing and Menma, alerted to her position now as well, shot water at her too. She squealed and grabbed her own water weapon.
Let the games begin.