Chapter 10

“Did you get to visit Menma yesterday?” Naruto glanced behind him as Sasuke entered the office. He had been standing by the window with his hands clasped behind his back, staring out of it, and had seen him coming.

    “I did,” Sasuke replied calmly, shutting the door behind him. “It was nice to see him again. It’s nice to see you too, Dobe.” Naruto turned around to face him completely, hands still clasped behind his back, and smiled. “Ditto, Teme.”

    They stood in comfortable silence for a few minutes, merely taking in the others' presence. This was common after long missions away from each other, not that they had much time for each other regardless, since they each had their own families and such to think about now. Naruto really missed his teenage years. Back then, nothing but Sasuke really mattered. Sure, he still wanted to be Hokage, but sasuke was really all that plagued his mind. More so when Sasuke went rogue.
    Naruto's smile faltered, making him appear a little sad.

    “What are you thinking about, usuratonkachi? You look ready to cry.” Sasuke questioned, brow furrowed. He was clearly concerned. He wasn’t the best at comforting people.

    “Nothing important, Sasuke. Just lost in thoughts of the past.” Sasuke visibly frowned.

    “Naruto, you know full well we couldn’t do anything about this. It just wasn’t welcome here then.”

    “I know, Teme,” Naruto sat down in his chair and stuck his elbows on the desktop, cupping his cheek with a small sad pout, “still though, I wish we could’ve. I wonder what our lives would have been like.''Sasuke donned an understanding look. 

    “There's no use dwelling on it now, Dobe. What's done is done. There’s no way we could change that, even if we wanted to. Besides, you look extremely happy around all of your children, Sarada included. And Hinata’s a lovely partner, compared to Sakura sometimes.” He mumbled those last few words with a deadpan expression. 
    Naruto smiled for half a second at the mention of his children and Sarada, before frowning again at the mention of the girls. He let his head drop completely onto the table and crossed his arms around it, effectively hiding his face. Sasuke winced at the thud the impact of skull on wood made before allowing his face to drop. He walked over to Naruto's side and placed a comforting hand on the blonde's shoulder.

    “I hate this,” Naruto mumbled through his arms, “Hinata is easily one of the sweetest people I know, who loves me a whole lot, and I’m basically using her! It’s not right Sasuke,” Naruto's voice cracked and he raised his head out of his arms, looking over at the raven haired man. Sasuke's heart broke when he saw tears beginning to stream down the Hokages face. 

    “I hate myself for it! Hinata deserves someone b-b-better than me, Sasuke. I c-can't keep doing th-this to her. Not to m-mention Menma had to live in i-i-isolation for so l-long because no one c-could find out about h-him. It’s not right S-Sasuke, It’s not!” Speaking became harder and harder the longer Naruto spoke, as tears started streaming down his face faster and faster until all he could do was just cry. Loud, heart wrenching sobs that broke Sasuke's heart the longer he heard them.
    The Shinobi carefully pulled the Hokage out of his chair toward him, cradling his head under the Ravens chin and allowing the Blonde to curl in on himself and cry. Sasuke turned his head and placed a small kiss into the blonde's hair before resting their heads together and closing his eyes. Attempting to comfort him the best he could.