Chapter 6

Pete

Macau led me out of the room, guiding me carefully as I couldn't see through the blindfold. We carefully descend the stairs and curiosity was getting the better of me. We kept walking but never got to our destination. The sun hit my skin and that made me realize we were now out of the house. We're in the main compound I guess.

"Are we not there yet" I couldn't help asking but Macau just laughed, refusing to reply.

After what felt like forever we finally came to a stop. I guess we're here. I was about to take off the blindfold when a hand stopped me.

"Not yet P'Pete, you are not the one to take it off," Macau said and honestly, I was so nervous but nodded my head in agreement.

I kind of felt Macau and I was not the only one here. It was quiet but I bet there were others around. What is Vegas pulling up now? Locking me up in the room and asking Macau to blindfold me here after ignoring me for days. He's going to hear from me after I take this darn blindfold off.

I felt someone walking towards me and made a stop. The person held my head and kissed me on the forehead. "Just so you know, you are such a great friend," the voice said and there was no way I could be mistaken about who it was. It was Porsche. But what the hell was he doing here? He stepped aside without saying anything else.

Another person walked up to me. "You've been such an amazing guardian to me and I want to say thank you" this voice was Macau and before I could speak, he also kissed me on the forehead. What is happening here?

The third person walked over and this time it wasn't like the others. The hands cupped my face and I couldn't help the smile that crept onto my lips. The hands were so tiny. It was my baby Venice. I guess someone carried him so he'd reach my level. He begin to kiss me all over the face and it was hilarious. "Pa they covered your eyes," he said laughing. He is so cute and I love him so much. I no longer felt him close to me and I guess he went away too.

The fourth person stood before me and my heart skipped a beat all at once. I instantly recognized it was Vegas without him speaking. How could I not recognize him? His scent was something I could recognize anywhere. I loved it. I was getting more nervous as he stood in front of me without saying a word. I felt a hand go up behind my head and slowly took off the blindfold. I slowly adjusted to the sun and looked at a smiling Vegas standing before me.

I looked around me and tons of bodyguards were all dressed in official clothes and were standing in line. It was like they rehearsed it. Porsche, Macau, and Venice were standing not far away from me and the place was decorated with so many flowers. It was beautiful that I could barely recognize it was the house I lived in.

"Did I give you a scare?" Vegas asked, smiling at me. I didn't know what all this was about. Before I could ask him the questions on my mind, he took both my hands in his and began to speak.

"Pete, in the past, you were just a mere bodyguard from the main family that didn't have any effect on me. But suddenly, you entered my life and changed my world. As hard-headed as I was, your pretty smiles slowly melted every wall I had put up around me. You affect my whole life now Pete, the longer the days I spend with you, the more secure I felt. When I hated myself and the loneliness I've always felt drained me, you came to fill the missing part of my life. As bad as things got with me, as soon as I stepped into the room you were in, I instantly felt better. You led me back to being human again and I will constantly thank you for that. You have so much effect on me Pete, you are my breath and now, you are the center of my whole life and I wouldn't want to ever let go of this hand" he paused and squeezed my hand tighter. Tears were welling up in his eyes and so was mine. Hearing him say all this, my heart was almost jumping out of my chest as it keeps pounding.

He smiled at me and continued. Pete, you have become the pillar of this household and I think you do know that. You hold this family together and we will want to keep it this way forever. Macau, Venice, and I see you as our comfort place and we need you so much in our lives. We have been together for two years and I finally decided it's time I did this" he paused and my nervousness increased. What did he want to do?

He suddenly went down on one knee as he pulled something from his pocket, with one hand still holding to mine. God, I was so nervous and couldn't process what was happening in front of me now.

"Pete, it's finally time I asked you this. I need you in my life, Venice needs you, and Macau needs you too. I want something that will officially bind us together and so I want to ask you,

"Marry me, Pete." He said taking out a ring.

My legs almost gave out on me as I heard him ask me this. I was so surprised that I didn't know how to react. I've been worrying about this for so long and he asks me today. I didn't know when the tears welled up and started flowing. It felt like a dream Vegas wanted me to marry him.

The bodyguards all suddenly went on one knee just like their boss had done.

"We are ready to serve you, Khun Pete," they all said in unison. I looked at what was happening and it didn't feel real.

I looked to my side and Macau mouthed, "please say yes."

Porsche nodded at me and Venice was jumping happily. I looked around me and this family, I will never want to let go.

I turned my attention back to Vegas who was smiling wide at me, still holding onto my hand. I finally decided.

"I will want nothing more than to be with you forever Vegas, now put the ring on me already," I said, blushing all over.

Vegas screamed and slid the ring onto my finger.

He got on his feet and carried me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, hugging him tightly.

"Was so nervous this past few days Pete" he said and I chuckled. I will get back to that issue later.

I was overjoyed and so was Vegas. Macau and Venice approached and hugged us.

I love you all so much.