Chapter 2

Vegas

We arrived home and made our way up to our room. Pete was looking uneasy as he kept thinking of what I had in mind but I just laughed to myself. How can he get so scared easily? He is so stubborn at times but I still love him so much.

"Let's go check up on Venice Pete, it's been a while since we left him," I said and he nodded. We made our way over to Macau's room.

Pa! He screamed as he saw me. How come you're not asleep yet? It's very late Venice, I said frowning at him.

"Was watching a cartoon with P'Macau" he said and I glared at Macau.

Venice was two years old now and could speak quite clearly now. He has been very troublesome ever since he was able to walk and speak properly.

"I did not want him to watch the cartoon because I knew it was late but you know how he is. He kept crying and I had no choice but to give in to him" Macau said pouting slightly.

"Stop it Vegas, you are too much when it comes to Venice. It's not that late so just leave it" Pete said tiredly. "I'll take it from here Macau. Have a goodnight" I say as the three of us made our way out.

"Go take a shower, Pete, I'll put Venice to bed and join you soon, I said and he nodded and walked away. I proceeded to take Venice to his room. I settled him on his bed covering him with the sheets. "You got yourself, tired honey," I said caressing his cheek.

"It was P' Macau he said laughing. I couldn't help but laugh. Looks like Macau will be blamed for everything.

"Go to sleep now honey, am taking you somewhere tomorrow," I said kissing him on the forehead. " I want to kiss Pa too," he said and I got my face closer and he kissed me on the cheek. He finally closed his eyes and went to sleep in no time. He hates his lights being off and so I left it on and left his room.

Pete was already done showering when I got into the room. "He fell asleep already?" He asked as soon as he saw me. "Yes, and he slept already. Venice is good at blaming everything on Macau, I replied pulling Pete to sit on the bed. "Let me dry your hair for you, I said taking the towel from him. "Why are you so tensed up?" I asked as I cleaned his hair.

"You didn't really like my going over to the main house and I figured you're still mad at me" he replied. "Come on Pete, I am not mad at you but at my cousin. He doesn't want to let you be. I just didn't like the idea. You were gone for so long and I was missing you."

"He leaned into me and I smiled at the action. "So what did you say you had planned for me? Is it something dirty? He asked mischievously and I raised a brow.

"You want to do it now? I know you are tired and so we'll do that tomorrow, he nodded and leaned into me more. I was done drying his hair and putting away the towel.

"Come on, let's get you to bed, I say as I got him up and made him comfortable on the bed. I covered him up with the sheets and kissed him on the forehead. "Go ahead and sleep Pete, I'll shower and join you soon. "Okay don't be long" he replied and smiled showing his cute dimples.

I showered and came out in no time. Found him already asleep. "How could he exhaust himself this much? I will not allow my cousin to do this to him again. I got in bed and pulled him to me and wrapped my arms around him. Kissing him lightly on the lips. I looked at his cute sleeping figure and I am really happy.

We've been together for two years already and even though we've been family ever since I still wanted something that would bind us forever and the only thing I can think of is to marry him. I want to call him to mine forever. I will do that. Wait for my surprise, Pete. I finally drifted off to sleep as well

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Macau! I called out to him as he was chasing Venice around. He picked the kid up and made his way over. I'd like to discuss something with you" I said and he frowned. "What is it, bro?" He asked curiously.

I've been thinking and I think it's finally time I do it Macau. I want to marry Pete" I said and he screamed.
"Really? He asked excitedly. "Shhhhh...don't let Pete hear any word about it" I cautioned. "I want it to be a surprise.

"Am so happy bro. It's about time. We all love P'Pete and it's time you do the needful to keep him forever" he said hugging me. How come he's more excited than I am? He does love Pete and am going to keep him forever.

"What's with the hugs? What's the occasion" Pete asked exiting the house. Macau and I let go of each other and prepared to face him.

"Pick me up Pa! Venice said and I did as he wished.

"Why were you two hugging as something happened? He asked crossing his hands over his chest. "No one wants to speak?" He asked again raising a brow. Fine, I'll be someone who wouldn't lie.

"Pumpkin, did you hear what your daddy and P'Macau were saying? He asked Venice as he took him from me and the kid nodded. "Great" Pete replied. Tell me what went on here.

"Pa said he will take me out for ice cream today" Venice replied making Macau and I laugh. When did I promise him ice cream? I did promise to take him somewhere not ice cream. He is something else.

"So ice cream got you two hugging? Does this even make sense?" Pete asked shooting a glare at us.

My brother just got me a new shirt I wanted for me and that got me so happy" Macau said and Pete nodded. Makes sense now. "And Vegas, don't you dare get Venice ice cream today else am going to kill you.

"Why am I the one to get killed? You should tell the one who wants to eat it not me. He chuckled and walked away with Venice.

"You're helping me pick out a ring tomorrow Macau. Deal?"

"Hell yes, am in!"