♡•° Second Chance °•♡

After an hour, it seemed, Sarvente finally got you to at least calm down. You didn't realize that, through all of this, your trauma had been controlling your actions, rather than yourself.

You felt ashamed, but also felt relief that you knew, finally, what was wrong with you.

The only thing left, was to confront your feelings about Ruv.

Something...

It was something you just now had found out about.

"....You're hiding something still.." Sarvente commented. It's almost like she read your mind in that moment.

"...Maybe" You quietly snorted.

Sarvente looked at you - her expression was like it was telling you to release each and everything you've ever buried deep within yourself.

You took a deep breath, and sighed.

"I...while I was storming out of the church I.. I realized something."

You said, looking at the ground. You could feel Sarvente's eyes, and somehow you knew she was listening intently.

"I think I love Ruv.. I don't know how, but.. yeah.." You admitted. Not only to her, but yourself too.

After a moment, you spoke again.

"I think... it's part of the reason why I kept trying to run away. I think I had that desire before I even knew it."

"Is that what you meant when you said you felt like you were third wheeling us...?" Sarvente asked.

You ashamedly nodded your head.

"Very well.." Sarvente nodded.

After a moment, she spoke again.

"You and ruv seem to be close, or closer than you and I... you two have similar backgrounds. Did you ever consider that, he may feel the same way..?"

Sarvente asked, trying to get you to put the pieces together.

"I've never seen him warm up to someone like you so fast... even he wasn't like that towards me." Sarvente added.

"What are you suggesting...?" You asked, but you already knew.

"You need to tell him." Sarvente softly replied.

___________

You nervously made your way to the garden - hands trembling and all.

You were afraid of what was to come, but you didn't want another opportunity to slip through your fingers as you let happen so many times before.

Just because Sarvente had talked about your fears, helping you to work through them, didn't mean that they vanished.

It just enabled you to take the first step.

You spotted Ruv, sitting on a bench, lost in his own thoughts. Maybe he was thinking the same things as you were?

You shooed the nonsensical thought from your head, and nervously prepared for the worst outcome of this situation.

It had been a year or so by now, and you kept these feelings inside for so long. To confront them now.. well.. you felt like you were about to have a heart attack.

You stood in front of him, and attempted to get his attention.

"Hello...?" Your hoarse voice surprised you, but clearly did the job, as Ruv looked up at you.

You sat beside him, and fumbled with your fingers, procrastination setting in.

"Hm?" Ruv's simple response made you even more nervous, for some reason

"For a long time.. I've known you." You awkwardly blurted out.

"...And..I think I realized something.." You immediately followed up your plunder with another sentence.

"I..I love you" Your shaky voice managed to get out. Your stomach had butterflies, fluttering about in it.

You wanted to throw up, but forced yourself to face your fear of rejection.

A silence befell the peaceful, tranquil atmosphere for a painfully long few seconds. Before you could fully process what you had said, he hugged you, tightly.

He never said anything verbally to you, but this hug felt.. different. It was like he was confirming mutual feelings for you.

He softly replied, after a few seconds.

"I.. love... you too"

You couldn't believe your ears.

It was too good to be true.

Was this a cruel joke.. or maybe a step in the right direction? Was this for real...?

Tears welled in your eyes, and you hugged him back even tighter.

Maybe this was a second chance at life.. another chance to have something worth living for.