•° Alone °•

It was maybe about a week since you'd left the church.

The cold and wet snow crunched under your boots as you walked, walked and walked.

You had no idea of where you were exactly going, but you knew you just needed to leave before anything escalated.

You began to think about ruv and sarv.

Were they okay?

Were you unappreciative of the clothes, food and warmth they gave you?

You tried to shake the thoughts away, but that was a difficult task to do. Surely they'd understand. They even gave you a warm goodbye, but you still couldn't help but feel at least a bit bad for what you'd done.

-

You came across a dingy little gas station, and picked up a small snack from there. You hung outside on the curb, quietly snacking away at the greasy but warm food.

You hated what you'd become, but it's not exactly like you had a choice.

You then heard familiar footsteps behind you - slow and heavy.

You had the urge to turn around, but for some reason, kept yourself fixed to your disaster meal.

"Y/n?" A thick Russian accent said.

You turned around, and looked.

"Ruv..?" You were surprised to say the least.

"It doesn't seem like you're holding up too well." Ruv observed as he put his hands in his pockets.

"Thanks"

The comment irritated you, but it's not like he was wrong. You were freezing and barely had anything to your name, running away because your mom had gotten to close to your safe space.

You felt pathetic, now that you really thought about it.

Ruv sat next to you, and sighed.

"I remember when I used to do things like that." He quietly said.
"The difference was, I was an orphan."

You didn't know how to respond, but you stayed quiet.

"If you don't mind," Ruv started after a few minutes of silence, "what.. what happened to you during your life that made you want to run away?"

You instantly shuddered at the question. The mere thought of someone just knowing, in detail, such a difficult past scared you.

"Things, many things" you nervously chuckled.

"If you.. just want a summary.. my parents got divorced when I was 7 years old. My mother got an alcohol addiction, and my father tried to argue that she was unfit to raise me, but as you could see, the court ruled in her favor. She was made to get on a program for 41 days, but within two weeks of getting me back, she went right back to it." You sighed.

You felt the urge to crack a sarcastic joke to lighten the mood, but nothing came to mind.

"Then, she'd get belligerent, and that's when the abuse started, and ta-da"

You said sarcastically to save yourself from crying,

"Here I am" you fake laughed.

It seemed like ruv could see right through your attempts to laugh and joke. He looked sympathetic towards you more than anything. It made you feel awkward, small, even.

Then, he hugged you.

"I know how it feels to seemingly walk the world alone." He quietly said.

"But sarv and I are here for you. I'm not telling you to stay, but if you truly want to, you know we'd welcome you."

You almost felt something in you.
You wanted to cry, bawl your eyes out. It made you feel a love that just was never shown to you before.

The love was there, you just had to take the step to accepting it.

----

Ahhh sorry for the long wait!! Many things got in the way but we're back now!