Chapter Ten: And it ends

After so long, people start to think how stupid can one person be? I now, I was starting to think that about myself. Stupid, I know. But, I called him.

   He didn't really have much to say, there was more I'm sooo sorry and shit like that. Hah, he really did try to tell me it was his friend though, and well I forgave him... Why? I don't know, don't ask me, why should know. Love makes you do crazy things. 

It was funny though, how after one domino falls, everything after has to fall to, even if that one domino was holding on for dear life. Eventually Brooke and Kyle broke up. She went back to her ex boyfriend Cody. I didn't really like Cody then, because he broke our three musketeers, well six if you wanted to be exact. And that was our first domino, next thing you know, the second fell. Rachel and Evan broke up, I don't even remember why. I think it had something to do with Christmas coming up and Rachel couldn't get Evan anything, and Evan was getting her something. I really tried to convince Rachel not to break up with Evan because we all knew she really liked him, but she did it anyway. And Evan was being so sweet trying to get her back. It's really weird though, because now Evan hates me, and I was on his side the whole time. And after two dominoes fell, the rest came tumbling down. We made to Christmas at least. He got me this beautiful necklace with matching earings and I got him a Monster sweatshirt and a MP3 player. Two weeks later, it was over. 

I seen it coming, I just tried to ignore it. After Rach and Evan broke up, Tyler didn't have any reason to come to town to see me anymore. Because I wasn't reason enough. And it really sucked because earlier that day, one of my best friends, Kami, got hit by a truck and was in the hospital and I was confinding in him. Then he text me and told me we needed to talk. We talked and pretty much it was over. I took it really hard, too. I don't know if it was because I really loved him, or if it was the fact that the day had already been hell. 

Later, I learned that he wasn't even the one that wanted to break up with me, it was Evan that didn't like me. And because he didn't like me, that meant that Tyler couldn't like me, and so that was the end. I'll never really know the truth of it all, but I'm pretty sure that no one in that whole relationship mess liked each other, guys anyway. All of us girls, I think, really loved them, and wanted to be with them. Not as a marriage or commitment kind of thing, but we fell for them long enough, that we fell hard. That was our mistake though, everything that falls, gets hurt. 

My theory is that the guys wanted to hang out with each other, to be 'guys' I guess and maybe a girl here and there to kiss or such, and of course they needed a place to stay. We provided the place, the girls, and of course the reason to hang out with each other. So, they all just kind of played us like their own personal fiddles. 

It took me a very long time to get over Tyler, and I can't say I really am. But they say, you never forget your first love. My mom thinks I'm still a little kid and that I should've just been over him the next day or something. And a lot of people seemed uninterested, as well. So, I just stopped telling people, and I did some things that I'm not proud of, but that's what life is about. Making mistakes. Learning from them. And knowing to never, ever, until a hell freezes over, to make that mistake again. Then when we have kids, we'll try our hardest to make sure they don't make the same mistakes, and they'll get upset, not listen, get hurt, and learn.. It's one big cycle.