one

June 17, 2018

It was a sunny day in Miami. It wasn't a hot day, but it was still felt really humid. Fiona and Liam haven't quite gotten use to the heat, but it's only been a little over a month. Sure, Chicago has hot days, but it was nearly nothing like the Florida heat. Anyways. It was summer so, she didn't have to worry about enrolling him into school. He had already made friends around the complex because that's Liam.

'Just promise me that you'll be careful?' Liam huffed at her question, he grew up on the south-side, how is Miami any different?

He takes a breathe before responding back to his eldest sister 'Yes, I know. I promise.' She smiled in his response. He's a good boy.

Fiona had gotten a job at some, what she calls, 'a yuppie coffee shop', she had told Liam last week. Even though Fiona started work there only a few days ago, the pay was actually decent. As long as it kept food on the table for her and her brother, she didn't care what it was. The neighbors are okay, but she did makes friends with a girl named Zoey. Zoey was a little younger than Fiona, and had beautiful tanned skin. Fiona had thought about it, but had scratched the idea. The first night Fiona moved to Miami , she hooked up with some random woman that matched her on tinder. The thought of being a lesbian sparked when Debbie had came out. A night were Fiona had secretly looked up gay quizzes online, right after she hooked up with Ford. Looking back on it, it was a bit odd, but watching some lesbian porn videos really did it. Fiona tried to bury it in her memories, but nothing worked. She would catch herself staring at an attractive woman for way to long. You know, the things Fiona thought every woman did, but didn't.

After that night with the woman who Fiona can't remember their name, it clicked. She was a lesbian. Not long after she realized, the subject came up at dinner with Liam. He had accidentally seen some videos on her laptop on night. It wasn't the ideal way for Fiona to come out to him, but at least the secret was out now. Liam was a sweet kid and didn't care if someone is gay or not. At one point, there was talk back in Chicago of him being confused about himself.

It read 8:15 on Fiona's alarm clock that was placed on her TV stand, she had to be at work by 9. She groaned before rolling out of bed and walked to the bathroom to piss. Of course Liam was already awake. He was always awake before her, which works in case Fiona is late for work or something. Afterwards, she walked out and saw him on the couch watching something on the TV.

She stares at him for a moment, waiting for him to realize she was there. "Morning"

"Hi" A half awake Liam responded to her. Growing up Fiona and the Gallagher's saw real weird shows in the morning. At least he was watching SpongeBob, like a normal kid.

Fiona had been semi payed attention to the TV, but was still paying attention to Liam. "Did you sleep ok?"

Even though she has an AC, and box fans, the heat still manages it way into the place. It only happens in the afternoon or at night. She reported to the tenet last week, but hasn't gotten any feedback. Real strange.

"I slept fine." He notes, before getting up to walk to the refrigerator. "Could you turn the air on while you're at work? It got hot after you left yesterday" Liam says, grabbing a coffee cup from the cabinet.

"Sure. It still gets hot around lunchtime?" Fiona asks him, getting a nod in response. Her eyes rolls before sighing heavily. "Ok, I think I might go and talk to the tenet then"

"Can I stay at Jake's tonight? He got this new game and he wants to play with me" He asks, while pouring getting ice out of freezer. For some odd reason, he has to have ice cold water in the morning. Fiona doesn't bother asking why.