39

Yesterday, a young man about to be married asked me how long I'd been married. I told him and he asked me what the secret to marriage was, that if I was still with and in love with my college sweetheart after all these years I had to know something.

I told him that every marriage is different. And that no amount of advice anyone can give you will ever be enough to prepare you for the curve balls life and marriage throw at you, but...

Make up sex is the best sex you'll ever have.

August 26, 2011

"Oh my god Derek, look!" she shrieked as she ran into the room.

"Look at what, what am I looking at?"

"Four months pregnant, and these pants still fit like brand new!"

She giggled and danced around in her jeans as I slid the scissors I had behind my back into the drawer along with the tags that were originally on the jeans. I was thankful that one of the first things I'd learned as a surgeon was to sew...never did I think it'd be sewing a fraudulent tag onto a pair of jeans...but it made her happy.

"That's amazing." I grinned "See, you haven't changed a bit."

"Well, a little bit." She pouted as she rubbed her hand over the slightly swollen belly.

"You're beautiful." I smiled with a kiss.

She gave me a glowing grin in return.

Marriage is just a piece of paper, it's what you make of it that matters.

November 15, 2011

"I know it's two in the morning." I whispered harshly into the phone "I realize your kitchen is closed already but you don't understand..." I sighed "Look I will do anything, anything at all, I'll even come down there and help you prepare it myself just so long as I get my very pregnant wife her all meat, double cheese, stuff crust pizza with extra cheesy breadsticks."

I grumbled into the phone "I will pay you $200." I smiled "Ok $250 it is, see you in half an hour."

Apparently money talks, because 35 minutes later a pizza delivery guy was on our doorstep where I happily counted out all 250 dollars to him. I didn't even cringe, just as long as it made her happy. I carried the pizza upstairs along with the breadsticks, her eyes opened as the smell wafted through the room and she sat up with a look of hunger.

"It's about time." She moaned into her first bite, I had to admit I licked my lips a little as my eyes dropped to her full, voluptuous breasts that suddenly developed over night a few days ago.

"Sorry, they had to re-start the ovens."

She ate two pieces of pizza in three bites, I don't think linebackers ate that much food that fast. She bit into her third piece and looked at me.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes, anything."

"Did you really just pay two hundred and fifty dollars for this pizza."

I gulped, "Maybe."

"You would do that for me?"

"You are the love of my life, my everything. And you're feeding and growing my child...There isn't a place in this world I won't go to get you what your heart desires."

Her eyes sparkled as she smiled at me. "What about outer space, would you go there for me too?"

I chuckled "You want a Milky Way again don't you?"