Trying to remember the beginning

Jaune arc pov

Where did everything in my life go so wrong, in my mind I wondered how everything led to this moment of my long, tiring, painful existence as I was barely near the edge of a cliff to a bottomless abyss in a frozen wasteland. I could hear the echos of the howling winds of the blizzard or that could be more grimm coming from the abyss.  I fended off the endless horde of grimm with only using my pistol on my left hip, my giant shield on my left arm and a short sword in my right hand. My damaged armor to help me survive. I only have about 10 bullets in my pistols. The systems in my helmet detected movement of hundreds of grimm coming towards me.

The grimm howled and snarled before starting to attack again.

The first 3 grimm of the horde charged forward, I used my left hand to pull out my pistol to shoot. I used my thumb to turn off the safety.

Clack Tack Pop BOOM Pop BOOM Pop BOOM.

The the first grimm got a bullet straight through it's skull. The other grimm got shot in the thigh which made then forced them to fall over and give me a chance to use my short sword to cleave through their arms and legs before finishing them off by stabbing them downward onto their necks. I got 3 bullets left.

The grimm started to go one by one, are they testing me? No they're trying learn! I have to stop be on the defense and go offense! I started to walk slowly as I aimed my pistol and started to shoot the grimm as they charged at me.

Pop BOOM

Pop BOOM

Pop BOOM

I ran out of ammo, I put my pistol back on my left hip and bash away a wolf grimm with my shield then stabbing in it's neck and pulling my sword out to continue slicing and dicing through the horde. Grimm began to pummel and fade away around me. I got to a boulder and I got on top of it and looked ahead of me. It seems more grimm are coming and are trying to prevent my escape. At this point, I asked myself this question again so many times in my life. Why am I fighting and struggling for? The answer always come into my head. Why not give up then let the grim kill me quickly? Then I could the inner voice in my head screaming the answer to that question. We are struggling and resisting because I refuse to accept my death and die like this, We don't want to die, We want to survive, to LIVE! We been through too much to die here!

I started to jump into the sea of grimm then started to fantastically bash, stab and hack through the grimm again. I didn't notice that the grimm began retreating until I realized they started running past me and not even trying to attack behind me at all? Why are they retreating all of a sudden? Then I hear the systems in my helmet blaring a waring in my head.

System: One humaniod movement detected, hostile inbound within 3 minutes.

Hostiles? Humaniod? I don't see them yet but it must be hiding and moving among the fleeing grimm then. After the grimm started to clear out then I see ons of them standing in front of me.

Corrupted one: Ẉ̶͚̝ͪe̡̖̙̝̻̼̳̓̂͗l̴̗̮̞̟̞ͦl̢͉̲͓̞̭͍̳̂͛ ̺̮͚͈ͩ̓͊͟ȋ̼̖̤͓͉͞f̗̣̹̩͔͙͉̈͗ͮ͢ ̄͏̘̺ĭ̫̤̣̺́̋̕t͖̞̮͚̯̥̮̺ͨ͜ ̨̻̉̒ͥ̈́ͅi̡͖̣̭̲͉̼͖̤͐̀́s̹̱ͫ̋ͥ̃͝n̟̮͈̹̠͈͇̓͌ͩ̕͢ͅͅ'̸̪̹̎̿̍ẗ̰̫̘̘͎́̂͂ͣ͢ ̟͍̝̮͙̩͉͇͐̆́b̻̖̹̋͆̊͘ͅr̵͕͇̬͓̄̓͆̓ͅo̴̲̘͑̍̌t̶̙̮͙͉̹̋̚ͅh̑̈́̾ͯ҉͓̹̺̲͙ͅͅẻͧ̒͏̠͙̤̣̖̳̹ͅrͦ̾ͧ̒...

Corrupted one: Ẉ̶͚̝ͪe̡̖̙̝̻̼̳̓̂͗l̴̗̮̞̟̞ͦl̢͉̲͓̞̭͍̳̂͛ ̺̮͚͈ͩ̓͊͟ȋ̼̖̤͓͉͞f̗̣̹̩͔͙͉̈͗ͮ͢ ̄͏̘̺ĭ̫̤̣̺́̋̕t͖̞̮͚̯̥̮̺ͨ͜ ̨̻̉̒ͥ̈́ͅi̡͖̣̭̲͉̼͖̤͐̀́s̹̱ͫ̋ͥ̃͝n̟̮͈̹̠͈͇̓͌ͩ̕͢ͅͅ'̸̪̹̎̿̍ẗ̰̫̘̘͎́̂͂ͣ͢ ̟͍̝̮͙̩͉͇͐̆́b̻̖̹̋͆̊͘ͅr̵͕͇̬͓̄̓͆̓ͅo̴̲̘͑̍̌t̶̙̮͙͉̹̋̚ͅh̑̈́̾ͯ҉͓̹̺̲͙ͅͅẻͧ̒͏̠͙̤̣̖̳̹ͅṟ̵͔̦ͦ̾ͧ̒ ̓͋͏̦̟̪͔̫͈j̡̼̘͙͂̒ͦa̴̻̤̻͉̠͚͇̐ͅu͋͗͊̔҉̯͍̳̩̠̝͓ṇ̼̮̮̄͘e̴̺̝̟̰͓͎͛̈?͊ͦͤ͏̗̝̬̻ͅ

Do not call me by that name, you defiled grimm hybrid monster! You lost that right to say that when you and the others decided to give yourself up to her!

Çðrrµþ†êÐ ðñê: Hðw ¢ðµlÐ ¥ðµ §å¥ †hå† ßrð†hêr? Wh¥ mµ§† ¥ðµ hå†ê mê? Ì §ïmþl¥ 墢êþ†êÐ m¥ Ð꧆ïñ¥ ð£ ÄÇÈñЧÌÖñ åñÐ †RÄñ§ÇÈñÐÌñG m¥ MÖRÄL̆¥!

Acendsion? Transcending? You say I depsie you because of that? I never hated you but I missed what you once were, A "Brother." I don't depise what you are now, because I am sad that that you become a abomination, a shell of once the "BROTHER" I once knew! How could you and the others betray us! How could you disregard everything we gone through and fought for?

Çðrrµþ†êÐ ðñê: £ðµgh† £ðr WHĆ? Whå† ðµr §µrvïvål? †hê ßå§ï¢ Ðê§ïrê †ð lïvê £rêê? Wê ßð†h §åw ðµr "ßRÖ†HÈR§" Ðïê whïlê ßêïñg låß r冧 åñÐ ¢åññðñ £ðÐÐêr! Wê £ðµgh† £ðr Özþïñ åñÐ hï§ þêðþlê. Èvêñ ¥ðµ håÐ qµê§†ïðñêÐ Özþïñ'§ mê†hðЧ! Ì ßêlïêvêÐ ïñ Özþïñ å§ ¥ðµ Ðð ñðw µñ†ïl §HÈ §hðwêÐ Ú§ †hê †rµ†h. §hê §hðwñ Ú§ †hê LÌȧ †hå† Özþïñ åñÐ hï§ þêðþlê ßêêñ hïÐïñg! Wh¥ wðñ'† ¥ðµ jðïñ Ú§! ßê¢ðmê ðñê 𣠵§?

I.....I will not. I won't because I seen what you and she been doing. The horrific slaughtering of people that we once protected and sacrifice for. Is that you call "showing the truth?" You are not even helping people, all she wants is to destroy and take the world down with her. I rather serve ozpin rather then that psychopath immortal!

The corrupted one let out a tire sigh and then he began to scrape his claws againist the rocks before pointing a finger at me.

Çðrrµþ†êÐ ðñê: Ì£ †hå† ï§ ¥ðµr åñ§wêr, †hêñ Ì åm §ðrr¥ £ðr wê ßð†h kñðw wê mµ§† Ðð.

The corrupted one began to let out a war cry before leaping on me. I dodged out of the way before he landed and ripped through the snow. He turned again to charge at me again but I raised my short sword and swung it downwards onto the monster. He blocked my sword sword with his claw and try to slash at my right eye. I blocked the attack and pushed him away with my shield before I rushed at him with my short sword. He dodged the thrust from my sword and backhanded me, he quickly got behind me and slashed my right leg then my back. He was about to slash at my eye but I parried it off with my shield and quickly went down to slide through his legs to stab and cut through his ankles and thighs. I stood behind and watched his legs bleed, making red trails as he tried to turn around to  crawl towards me. I walked over to him and slammed my foot to crush his lower spine. I went on to cut off both his arms then turned his body over to finish him off.   I got on him but he frantically began to move his body as a last struggle to survive. I began to drive my sword through his throat and watched him cough up and to drown in his own blood. I felt his body slowing down before going limp.

I got off him and rested at a nearby rock and rested for a few minutes, I inhaled and exhaled the cold air. I touched my back and legs for injuries, there is only deep cuts on the back of my  right leg  and some small scratches on my back thanks to my armor. I lift my hand back to my face to see blood on it, probably came from my right leg. I begin to hear voices in my head, some voices I recongize from my memory screaming at me. Am I hallucinating because of blood loss? Probably, the system began to blar alarms in my head again.

System: Movement detected, number: Unknown.

That must be the grimm, probably picked up the scent of blood and came back to try to finish me off. I see them in the distance, thousands of grimm. I got up, pulled out my sword and shield. More voices from memories  begin to flood my mind as the grimm advanced at me. I gripped my shield and sword ready to fight and die here or to survive and to fight another day.