Chapter 1- Earth

The villages In Ba sing Se were starting to get more people. A lot of people. I was never much of a big eater, but lately the markets are full of people and were running low on food.
Luckily Aang was still around to help. We had gotten really close after he saved our asses from the fire nation. I wasn't sure if we were meant to be though. I mean how would you feel dating someone over 100 years old?
"Katara!" Someone calls my name.
"Yes?!?," I call back.
"If you could stop playing in the water and help get food, that would be lovely!"
It was Sokka. I could tell by the squeaky voice. I put down the water I happened to be playing with.
"Where Aang?," I ask.
"I don't know," he starts as I approach him.
"He's been leaving all the time now," I sigh.
"Doesn't he love you or something?," Sokka bluntly questions.
I roll my eyes. "That's quite an overstatement. Of course we have something special, but I'm not sure how he feels," I stop myself, cursing myself for opening up.
"Well, he better hurry up and come back. It's getting dark. Toph!" He yells for her.
I furrow my brow and bite my tongue. I was getting worried. If it wasn't already obvious. I brush off my blue boots and call out to Zuko. If you want to talk about special relationships, we certainly have one. Although our family has never gotten along, I'm trying really hard to accept him. The fact that he saved my life does make it easier.
He has this one scar running from his eye down on his face. I like it. Not that I'm into "battle scars" or whatever you want to classify it as, but I know he's been through some tough shit like me so I can relate to him.
"Have you seen Aang?," I ask.
"No one has Katara, just be patient," he says.
"That's pretty funny coming from you," I comment rudely.
"I really have changed," He whispers.
"I know. It's just, you think because we're safe that things would be okay, but Ba Sing Se is overcrowding and food is becoming more and more scarce and I don't want to lose anyone," The words keep pouring out.
Zuko pulls me in for a hug. It's very awkward, granted, but he doesn't let go. I lean in and let his warmth (tehe) cover me. I raise my arms to touch his back and rest my chin on his broad shoulders. A single tear drops from my eye but I quickly cover it up.
"I see you've been doing fine without me" a voice says.
I jump and turn around quickly.
Aang.