4. You Should Lighten Up a Bit. (Rain)

The Story of the Young,

    Innocent & Reckless.

4.

_____________________________________________________________________________

As the taxi drove off from my house, I saw a last glimpse of my mother waving at me goodbye. And I took a last glimpse of my house that I’ve stayed for almost a decade. Honestly, I will miss this place. But I wanted to go back to my home town, and also for the purpose of starting my future there. High School was a burden to my life, due to the fact I wasn’t that much welcome there anyway and I could’ve cared less of it. Besides, I didn’t need a diploma for that. I only need to be an adult for that, but I’ll get myself there. All I have to do is work, get money, and survive everyday. But my mother's boyfriend was pretty much wealthy, and she had a well-defined job herself. So I didn't have nothing to worry about when it came to money. But you know, I guess a job would do well for me...

I leaned back against the leather seat, and stared out the window. The wind blew the hair out of my face, almost relaxing me a bit. It felt nice, but sometimes it became irritating due to the fact it gets cold as fuck in New York. That’s one of the things I’ll seem to not miss about this town, besides some irritating people. I’ll gladly welcome the burning heat of California, at least it won’t make my toes turn into ice.

As it seem to be forever, I finally arrived the airport. I payed the driver, and got out the taxi. I took my luggage, and walked into the airport, La Guardia. Many people crowded around me, but I managed to push myself through. I had a plane to catch, and I wasn’t planning on missing it.

It practically took thirty minutes for scanning, and all that shit. And it became dreading. 

As I headed to one of the waiting areas, I pulled out my phone and texted my mother. 

Mom, I’m at the airport. I love you. 

“Rain?” A voice called over my shoulder, making me jump slightly.

“Yes...?” I ask, looking over my shoulder. 

A grin and brown eyes greet me, I immediately know who it is. “Felix?” I blurt out, smiling wide. It was surprising, I haven’t seen him at school today, I thought that he probably had skipped school. I never imagined him leaving NY, and knowing him, I bet he would’ve texted me right after he landed on wherever he planned on going.

“What are you doing here?” I ask quickly.

He crosses his leg over the other, and leans back. “I don’t know.. shopping.” He says, sarcastically. I laugh, “Where are you going? Why you never told me?” I ask, frowning a bit. He raises an eyebrow, “I’m going to Cali, and I texted you this morning.” He replies, pointing at my phone with his finger.

“Oh...” I mumble, seeing his text. “Yeah.”

He laughs, “Where are you going Miss Pierce?”

Then it hits me, “Cali.” 

He smiles wide, “Los Angeles?” We ask at the same time.

We burst out laughing.

“I guess this will be an adventure.” He mumbles, smiling.

“Yup,” 

My phone beeps, and I see its a message from my mother.

Love you, stay safe. Call me when you landed on L.A.

I texted her back saying, Okay.