Exordium 1 - Rain

Exordium 1. - Rain’s Introduction.

I looked down at the white ruled paper, my fingers grasping the black binder closer to me. As my earbuds blasted heavy melodies, nearly sounding like metal clashing onto metal, my mind was set of way far from History class. As my black nailed fingers held the black sharpie, an inch apart of the paper, I just stayed still. I was wondering how to put my thoughts onto the paper, and in a second, I started to write a whole speech referring to a war between the evil and the good. It was a follow-up of the drawing I had drew a few minutes ago, and I just needed to write the story behind it.

I could have cared less of the whole speech Mrs. Bennett was giving, It was boring anyway. And besides, I couldn’t hear her to the fact that my iPod was on full-volume nearly becoming death.

As I looked up with just my eyes, I caught a glimpse of everyone staring at me as Mrs. Bennett pointed and practically looked like she was screaming at me. I slowly looked over my shoulder thinking she was looking at one of the cheerleaders who sat behind me, who also just gave me a smirk and it looked like she was about to burst out laughing. I glance back at the teacher, and see her stalking over my way.

“Mrs. Pierce!” She boomed, taking one of the earbuds off me.

Now a ringing in my ear greeted me, causing me to flinch a little. “What?” I ask, taking the other earbud off.

“You’re not suppose to be using electronics in class! Actually, you’re not suppose to bring electronics to school!” She screamed, her face turning red. She seemed angry.

Everyone just stared, and I could practically hear the cheerleader crackling, wanting to laugh.

“Let’s see what you’ve been doing throughout this whole class,” She chanted, feigning curiosity. Before I could reply, she had snatched my binder away from my hold, practically yanking it. Her eyes widened in terror, and everyone seemed curious of what had made her gasp.

“This is completely disturbing Miss Pierce!” She shouted ripping the paper out, and dropped my binder on my desk. “You seem to suffer psychological problems,” She blurted out, and thrusted the paper to me, one in which I had doodled all over, and she was almost showing it off to everyone. But they just stared, and it just annoyed me. She always put me on the spot, and everyone always seemed to enjoy the show.

“I’m not mental,” I said sounding offended, “Have you ever heard of freedom of expression?”

She bit her lip furiously, fuming.

The sound of the rocking bass coming from my earbuds were heard in the room, that’s how silent it had become.

“Out! Out!” She screamed, pulling me up from my seat. I shrugged her hand off me, causing her to step back a little. I just shut my binder and hugged it close to my chest and stood up from my seat. I pulled my black studded backpack over my shoulder, and yanked the paper out of her hand, and so she pushed me out the classroom.

“Don’t dare to come back to my class!” She shouted, and I just put my earbuds back in, and walked out the halls.

It wasn’t a surprise though, it happens almost everyday. Especially when it comes to her class, History. My grades were close to okay, but not as dreading as others.

I’m not the only one with the oh-so good grades, I’m not sure why it always has to be me who’s put on the spot. But it doesn’t matter to me anymore. I’ve gotten so use to it, that I’m not the one also to cry about it. There are other things that I’ve cried about, and it’s much more worthy than this.

“Thrown out of class again, Rain?” A familiar blonde asked, leaning against the stairs railing. As I inched closer, I took in her features. Her medium-sized blue eyes coated in black eyeliner stared at me with her rosy-red lips, whom formed into her signature smirk. Her slim figure leaned against the railing casually, and I admit she was taller than me. Let’s say, I’m not the tallest person on earth and not the shortest one, but I am the shortest cousin in my family. And she was my cousin, Alysson Pierce.

“Yup, as always.” I replied, putting my binder in my backpack, stopping at my tracks.

“This is getting pointless everyday, honey.” She replied, putting her hands in her leather pants pockets.  

“Tell Mrs. Bennett that,” I mumbled, pulling my back pack over my shoulder.

“What is that?” She asked, pointing at the crumpled paper in my other hand.

“Oh, just something random.” I replied, chuckling a little.

“Can I see?” She asked, and I just handed it to her.

She held the paper with her fingers, un-crumpling it with her bare hands. “Oh.. how.. nice.” She said, staring down at it.

I blushed a little, “Thanks.”

“That one victim of society is the one always caught in a net called torture..” She read, raising a fancy eyebrow of hers. “It’s always the divinity shining against the already served, and its always the selfish giving loads of burdens to those who don’t show the suffer in the palm of their hands.” She kept reading, and looked back at me.

“It’s not continued,” I replied, suddenly.

She nodded, “I see.” and so she handed it back to me.

I folded it, and shoved it back in my pocket.  

And soon the bell rang, and doors opened. In a few seconds, the halls were crowded. I stood, watching the cheerleader who sat next to me in History walk past me, giving me her smirk. I just stared at her, as if challenging her to say something. But she just walked away, good.

“I see you don’t like the slut, Brittany.” Aly said, staring at the blonde walking down the staircase. I chuckled, “She’s the one to witness the almost everyday scenario Mrs. Bennett gives.” I replied. “I got to say, I’m surprised her mother hasn’t caught her spreading her legs.” I add, leaning against the railing staring down at the people walking down the staircase.

“Sluts have their ways,” Aly replied, shrugging. “Well, I’m gonna go. See you later.” She says, walking away.

I stand there and think. My mom’s going to be pretty pissed at this, but she should understand. I sigh, and head down the staircase, and decide to head out the school. They’ll mark me as cutting, but I could really care less. Besides, I wasn’t in the mood for Mr. Javier's ongoing bragging about me becoming a better person, and blah blah blah. Everyone loves to stick with the cliche aspect of a teenager, and clearly I’m not volunteering.

As I walked out the school, with my earbuds blasting the heavy chore music, I kept my head up high and my hopes down low. But I was determined, of going away for awhile, but not alone.