Chapter 1.

As soon as I stepped into the bar that was near the base I noticed a few familiar faces.
"Hey Phantom", Phoenix who was in the same Top gun class as I was greeted me with a hug.
"Long time no see. Where have you been girl", she smiled as we walked to a billiard pool.
"Just here and there you know. Pissed off a few Captains and admirals. The usual", I laughed.
"I've heard. You got some balls", she giggled.

Phoenix was quite small, and I remember that she had trouble getting accepted at the navy because of that.
Nevertheless, she wasn't to be underestimated.
Phoenix was a beautiful girl. She had long brown hair which was because of our job always kept in a bun. She had brown eyes and wasn't the type for makeup. She didn't need it anyways.
Her and I got along quite well when we were at top gun and after she graduated we kept in contact since we had a few missions together here and there.

"If that isn't miss Albania the terrorist assassin", I heard a familiar voice and I immediately got goosebumps when I realized who's voice it was.
Weird to greet anyone like that if you ask me.
"Hangman", I greeted him back.
Hangman looked like any other guy. Not to be rude but there wasn't anything special about him.
His height was average, he had blond hair and blue eyes. You probably wouldn't recognize his face under a thousands.
The only thing that was special about him was his attitude. He talked about himself like he was the greatest pilot in history which made him very unlikeable. Despite the fact that he flew like a complete maniac. Even worse than me.

He was surrounded by other pilots I've heard from. They all had their reputations in the navy. I haven't personally met all of them until now but I've come to realize that this wouldn't be any ordinary mission.
Shits serious.

"The one and only, as I stand and speak. Rooster!", He yelled while he smiled.
I turned around to see if I misheard what Hangman just said.
And there he was. He looked just like when I last saw him.
He was still wearing a mustache which made him look about 10 years older than he actually was.
He had a confused look on his face yet smiled at me when he saw me.
I couldn't get a word out. Why was he here?
The last time we spoke was a fight. It was a few days before we graduated naval.
He always told me things I had to get better with and he talked bad about my dad a lot. I got that he was mad at him. So was I but at the end of the day, he was still my dad.
He didn't like that we weren't on the same page like we always were, so we started ignoring each other until we went our separate ways.

"Looking good, Hangman",he said.
"Well, I am good. Rooster. In fact I am the best", he answered.
"Shit", Fanboy giggled.
"Anybody know about what this special detachment is about?", Payback asked.

I was thinking the same because by the looks of the pilots they have called for this mission, they had a whole army to be taken care of.

"No. Mission is mission. They don't confront me.", Hangman answered while he was continuing with playing billiard.
God I hated him.
As they talked about what the mission could possibly be about I took a seat next to a blond guy who was wearing very old fashioned glasses.
"Hey, what's your call sign?", I asked.
"Bob", he hesitated answering.
"Bob?", I giggled since the call signs are supposed to be intimidating and Bob was rather cute than fearing.
He nodded and smiled with his big eyes.
"I'm Phantom", I smiled back.

"What I want to know is who's gonna be the team leader or who's good enough to follow me", Hangman announced while he was looking at us.
"Hangman, the only place you'll lead anyone is an early grave", I answered which made everyone around laugh.
"At least I'll lead, Phantom", he whispered in my ear.

As time passed, I got to know Bob a little better.
He was a very sweet guy.
He was a little slow with jokes sometimes but that made him even more likable.

"What I am thinking is: Everyone here is one of the best there is. Who is gonna teach us", Phoenix asked.
"Don't care", Hangman responded but was quickly cut off by the people in the bar screaming "overboard" over and over again.
Than Hangman and Coyote took off.
"Where are they going?", I asked.
"No clue", Bob answered.

Suddenly the music stopped and I hear someone starts playing the piano.
"Come on", Phoenix said as she took my hand so I'd follow her.
I saw that Rooster sat in front of the piano and started to sing a song I barely recognized because it was so old.
We all started to sing along and for a moment I forgot about the fact that I hated the man who was playing the Piano.

You shake my nerve and you rattle my brain

Too much love drives a man insane

You broke my will but what a thrill

Goodness gracious great balls of fire

Roosters hand went over the piano like wind. It was crazy how every single person in this bar was singing with him.
I remember that everything he does was contagious. He was a fun person.

I am still mad that he screwed things up because I missed laughing with him.

"Alright everyone, see you tomorrow", I said and went outside to get back into my car.
Rooster was standing outside, leaning against his truck while he was looking at his phone.
Unfortunately, my car was parked right beside him.

He looked up as he heard me approaching.
"Good to see you, its been some time", He said when I opened my car door.
"You're damn right", I cut him off and got in the car.
I wasn't looking to have this conversation tonight, it can wait a little longer.