World (Pick/Rome)

Author's note: Continuation of Pick/Rome story. Today with Pick's POV. 

Pick was determined to make things right. It wasn't hard to get plane tickets, it wasn't hard to pack luggage, and indeed it wasn't hard to board the plane. The flight was a different thing, though. Pick was nervous and scared. What if Rome didn't like him anymore? 

After he settled in the cheap hotel, he took a cab to Rome's university. Pick had no idea where to find him, but he wasn't giving up. He flew halfway around the world to get his shorty back. It felt like he was cycling the campus for hours and didn't catch sight of Rome. He pulled out his phone, dialling Rome's number. It was his last hope. His ears perked up when he heard the familiar ringtone. He practically runs to find the source. 

Pick stopped in front of the large tree, and as soon as his eyes spotted the tiny man, his heart fluttered in happiness. Rome was ignoring his call, though. He didn't seem to notice him. Pick frowned. The boy he knew and loved looked different. Too pale, too thin, his eyes swollen. Only when his call got rejected did he dare to speak. 

"You won't pick up? Not even once? I really screwed up a big time."

"P'Pick?" Rome gasped, and in a mere second, Pick watched him faint. 

"Rome!" He hurried to his side, picking him up. He was burning.