𝟬𝟮𝟱 you are the best thing that's ever been mine

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE.
you are the best thing that's ever been mine

     MARINA DIAZ felt as if her heart was seconds away from beating out of her chest while she waited on the side of the road for Iris to show up with her car so she could take the girl to the hospital

MARINA DIAZ felt as if her heart was seconds away from beating out of her chest while she waited on the side of the road for Iris to show up with her car so she could take the girl to the hospital. Marina remained sat down on the curb, cradling her injured hand with the other one, salty tears rolling down her cheeks in the process whilst the girl did her best to remain calm in a situation where she shouldn't have to be. She deserved to be angry, but she knew her anger wouldn't get her anywhere right now. And right now Marina knew she needed medical attention for her bruised and bloodied hand.

Marina couldn't believe what they had did to her. What Silver and Kim did to her. They practically held her hostage in the dojo and wouldn't allow her to leave until she broke her hand trying to punch her way through solid stone. Marina didn't have any other choice than to comply with their orders and punch through stone, even if it meant injuring her hand to do it. Marina could've tried fighting her way out, but she just wanted to get out of there. And when she did, only then did she feel free. Marina only wished it didn't have to happen like that.

The girl glanced down at her hand once again, wincing in response to the throbbing pain pulsating sharply through her bones and muscles. The girl then sniffled loudly, a quiet sob leaving her quivering lips as another sharp twinge of pain shot through her hand, hoping Iris would be there soon. Marina hated having to rely on her friend who didn't want to have anything to do with the ongoing karate war in the Valley. But it was better than calling her mom who would just worry and she didn't want her mom to worry whilst she was still pregnant.

     Suddenly, Marina spotted a set of bright lights heading into her direction. This caused for the girl to stand back up with much difficulty on her own, looking ahead to see Iris' car parked on the side of the road. And while she thought it would only be the Spencer girl, she was surprised when she saw Miguel, Robby and Sam get out of the vehicle along with Iris. They were obviously at the party together, so when Marina called Iris, she must have told the others as a common curtesy.