𝟬𝟮𝟭 you're losing me

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE.
you're losing me

     THERE WAS this strange foreboding feeling that weighed heavy in Marina Diaz's chest, her heart hammering hard against her ribcage whilst she stood alone in the empty park where she waited for Tory

     THERE WAS this strange foreboding feeling that weighed heavy in Marina Diaz's chest, her heart hammering hard against her ribcage whilst she stood alone in the empty park where she waited for Tory. The girl lifted her head up, her dark eyes staring into the night sky, watching as the stars twinkled high above her head. The calmness of the everlasting night was enough to ease her overwhelming nerves, but it didn't quite erase it all, leaving Marina in a complete state of unsettling anxiety.

After her conversation with Kreese, she went back to Iris' car and kept to herself most of the time. She then left a text for Tory, asking to meet her in the park at 7pm so they could talk. Iris dropped her off at the park and Marina had been planning ever since. She was planning what she would say to her girlfriend when she finally arrived. Marina wondered if she should subtly hint at the long string of secrets Tory had been keeping from her, or should she just confront the girl about it altogether without warning?

     Marina hated this. She hated being forced into a situation where she didn't know if her girlfriend could be trusted anymore, or a situation where their relationship was full of secrets and lies. Marina had gone through one bad relationship with Robby leading to the end of it, and she couldn't do again. She didn't sign up for that when she gave her everything to Tory. She didn't sign up for the secrets, the lies, having Cobra Kai come before her time and time again. Marina let it happen once before, and she wasn't going to let it happen again.

When Marina ripped her gaze away from the dark night sky, she looked ahead to see Tory walking towards her with a sheepish grin tugging at her lips. Marina had left the text pretty ominous. So, their first greeting was going to be far from happy. Marina readjusted the sleeves of her shirt, tugging on the ends nervously as Tory stopped in her tracks right in front of her. She watched as the girl tucked her blonde hair behind her ear, a curious look burning in her eyes while she looked at Marina, her gaze occasionally flickering around their surroundings in the process.