𝟬𝟬𝟳 now we've got bad blood

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN.
now we've got bad blood

( tw! may contain mentions of suicide and self harm )

     MARINA DIAZ COULDN'T remember the last time she felt like this

MARINA DIAZ COULDN'T remember the last time she felt like this. The best way to describe it was. . . well, euphoric. Marina felt as if pure euphoria was flooding her veins and pulsating with pure bliss. Days ago, she was struggling to even take a single everlasting breath. She was lost, confused, broken, and even empty all at once. Now she had discovered a newfound sense of purpose in her life. It wasn't enough to ignite that rush of desire to keep living. But it did push her to make the most of the time she had left before she believed it was time to go, and for good this time.

     She didn't know where the sudden rush of hope came from. Maybe she had Tory Nichols and Cobra Kai to thank for that. The hot-tempered blonde showed her that she didn't have to let those who have wronged her get her down. She taught Marina to rise above the hate and turn it into a powerful weapon. That's where Cobra Kai comes in. Marina took all of that anger and burning hate withering around her tainted heart and turned it into her own inner strength. She marched into that dojo and showed her peers what she was capable of. And although a small part of her was doing all of this for her own selfish gain, to create a story worth telling, she knew that Cobra Kai was exactly what she needed, right now more than ever.

     After Sensei Kreese welcomed her into Cobra Kai, she got down to work straight away and sparred with Tory as she was who Marina felt more comfortable fighting against. Not because Tory went easy on her. The girl never went easy on anybody. But because after the strange bond they've created over the last couple of weeks made the Diaz girl feel somewhat at peace with herself when competing in such a violent sport. Especially when she had Tory fighting beside her. Between their weird friendship and fake romantic relationship whenever they were in public, Marina couldn't help but feel comforted whenever the Nichols girl was around.

     Maybe that was why Marina said yes when Tory asked her out on their fake-date to the drive in theatre. Truth is, Marina didn't have a lot of people in her corner. Her brother broke her, her ex boyfriend destroyed her, her friends didn't feel like her friends anymore. Everyone she's ever cared about always seemed to find a way to let her down. There were even days when Marina felt more alone than ever. But with Tory, she didn't feel so alone anymore. She could've either spent her night on the couch with her grandmother watching some dumb telenovela, or go out with the one girl who understood her in ways that no one else possibly could. It was an easy answer, if you were to ask Marina Diaz.