𝟬𝟬𝟰 promising young woman

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR.
promising young woman

( tw! contains mentions of self harm and descriptions of cuts )

     MARINA'S MOTHER ONCE told her that she was a promising young woman

She was carved from the brightest stars and shaped into the world's own definition of perfection. Rays of golden sunlight surrounded the Diaz girl like an aura and followed her wherever she seemed to go. She had eyes like diamonds that twinkled in the light, and a laughter that sounded like a sweet melody to anyone's ears. Even her veins would bleed with crystallised hope, and golden wonder. The Diaz girl was like magic of her own breathtaking design. Well, in a figurative sense, because in reality, that was practically impossible. But when they saw Marina Diaz, they almost believed she could make the impossible somehow possible.

     Her mother promised her greatness, love, and prosperity. She believed that was her destiny. Marina was a grade A student who never failed a single class. That was why her freshman year maths teacher recommended a private school with higher educational programs where she could achieve the impossible, and get the best experience surrounded by others like her — other students who shared the same advanced intellect as she did. If her family didn't have their money troubles it would've certainly been a possibility for Marina's future. The girl often wondered what her life would've been like if she could've accepted the opportunity, if she wasn't surrounded by the karate drama, her brother and her fake friends, would she have been happier in a school with people who didn't know her in the same way others did.

And her heart, well, her mom always said it was the girl's most admired quality ever since she was a young and innocent child. Marina's mother always retold the story of how she brought home a bird with a broken wing and nursed it back to health herself. Marina never remembered that particular moment in her life, but her mom spoke of it as if it was only yesterday. Marina was suppose to love like it was her reason for breathing. Except she didn't feel that way now. From what the girl had learned throughout the years, love wasn't her lifeline. It was her weakness. She cared too much to the point where she felt as if she couldn't breathe anymore. Love was her achilles heel in a world where it was suppose to conquer all.