𝟬𝟮𝟬 these secrets that you hide

CHAPTER TWENTYthese secrets that you hide

CHAPTER TWENTY
these secrets that you hide

     MARINA DIAZ didn't quite know what to expect when she met up with Iris Spencer later on that day

     The girl had been out of town ever since the beginning of summer. Marina had let her know early on that she took a little trip down to Mexico to meet her dad, and gave Iris all the details over the phone after she came home. But other than that, they most communicated through text messages, and it was mostly Iris updating her on her trip across the country, and how she preferred to live with her aunt rather than her overbearing parents at times.

     However, if there was one thing Marina didn't expect to hear when she met up with Iris for lunch, it was that their former friend, Tatum Prescott, had joined the Cobra Kai karate dojo at the start of the summer. Marina wouldn't have known since she blocked Tatum all across her various different social media accounts. So hearing it from Iris came as a surprise. Especially since Tatum never came across as the violent type. The rich blonde even despised karate. She only acted like she enjoyed the sport to get close to the boys she was crushing on at the time.

     It made Marina wonder why Tatum had the sudden change of heart, and what pushed her to join Cobra Kai of all places. Her only guess was that it was the only dojo across The Valley that had more than one trophy sitting on the mantle. And Tatum's parents would only pay for the best, and given Cobra Kai's recent victory at the All Valley tournament, she was probably given no other choice than to choose that particular dojo. But it still didn't explain why she was beginning to participate in the sport to start with.

     "So, she's actually a part of Cobra Kai?" Marina questioned once again for clarification, staring at Iris with a surprised look plastered across her face from across the other side of the table. Marina put another fork-full of chicken caesar salad in her mouth, chewing on it lightly before swallowing. "Like the same girl who berated me for joining Cobra Kai a few months ago is actually training there now?"

     Iris nodded her head, shrugging her shoulders. "Yeah. It's all over her Insta. She's, like, best friends with Kyler, which doesn't surprise me since they're literally the gender-bent versions of themselves." She rambled. "But I was forced to see her last night for dinner since our dad's are basically best friends, and apparently she picked up karate because her parents made her after you gave her that black eye." She elaborated further.