Chapter 6: Spotlight

Javen jumped slightly when he heard the beeping of Kakashi's alarm go off. His head hurt somewhat, but it wasn't too bad, thankfully. Javen pushed himself up and reached over to turn off the alarm. He then turned and moved some of Kakashi's hair out of his face. The man had such a beautiful face.

"Kakashi, we have to get up." Javen tapped the man's shoulder slightly and leaned down to lay his head on Kakashi's shoulder again; Kakashi's arm moved to wrap around him.

"Kakashi, come on. You're cute while sleepy, but you would also be cute if you woke up." He pulled himself free of Kakashi's arm and looked down at the man who had barely opened his eyes. He leaned down to give the man a soft kiss as an incentive to wake up and was pleasantly surprised by the arms that wrapped around him, pulling him closer into the sleepy kiss. Kakashi hummed happily and then let Javen pull away.

"I'm getting up slowly." Kakashi chuckled, "It's not my fault you're too cute to let go of."

Javen's face went red, "What a tease." Javen moved away from the other and slowly climbed off the bed, "Can I use some of your clothes and leave my clothes here? I don't want to wear dirty clothes to the exam."

"I'd be happy to give you one of my tank tops, but my pants will definitely not fit you. You're like ten whole centimeters shorter than me, probably more."

Javen nodded thanks and moved to take off his current shirt. He noted Kakashi had gotten up and headed to the closet, "These may be a bit big on you." Kakashi handed him two separate shirts, "Feel free to use whichever fits best."

Javen grabbed both and tried on one, which looked smaller and gave a pretty okay fit, "Does this look nice?" He asked and turned to Kakashi, who had a soft blush on his cheeks.

"I think I'm biased to how you look in my shirts." Kakashi grinned and took the extra shirt to hang back up, "I should have some extra bathroom supplies if you need them. They can be yours whenever you visit."

It was Javen's turn to blush now that Kakashi implied this would be a regular occurrence.

After breakfast, they cleaned up and met up with whoever had decided to show up from team 7. When they saw Sakura, she immediately booked it to Javen and slapped him over the head, "Where were you? You made mom and dad worried sick. They thought you had decided you didn't want to live with us suddenly."

Javen bowed slightly in apology, his face going pink. He felt Kakashi's eyes on him, curious how he would respond. Javen opened his mouth to respond and then closed it again, unsure what to say.

He felt a hand on the small of his back to reassure him, "He was with me, Sakura. Sorry I kept him all night; I opened a bottle of alcohol and didn't want him walking home while drunk."

Kakashi's thumb moved to rub his back reassuringly as Sakura looked at them both.

"At least he didn't get hurt." Sakura knew there was something else but wasn't about to say anything that pushed a slightly heavy subject.

Kakashi's hand moved from Javen's back as he directed his attention toward the group, "Anyways, I'm glad that you all came." Kakashi spoke, emphasizing 'all,' "Now you can formally register for the Chunin Exam."

Sakura seemed to pick up on the emphasized word, "What do you mean?"

Javen spoke now, "Chunin Exams must be taken as a group of three. I am the only one that will be doing it alone."

Sakura stuttered as she shot back, "But Kakashi said the decision to take the exams was up to us as an individual."

Javen shrugged, "I thought it was weird that he said that too but if I know Kakashi, he had a reason," Javen turned to Kakashi, "right?"