Wedding Day

A/n Hello, so it has been bothering me that this was 19 chapters in total instead of 20 so here is one more chapter for the sake of me not going crazy. ENJOYYYY!!!

Katerína's POV

I stood at the front, wearing my new suit. In front of me was the love of my life, Hermione Granger, in the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. But then again, anything looks beautiful if she's wearing it.

Hermione's bridesmaids, Fleur, Ginny and Luna, stood at her side, while mine, Draco, Harry and Ron, stood beside me. We decided not to have the most extravagant wedding, wanting it to be just family, and of course, the Weasley's as well.

"Welcome family and friends. We are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of Katerína Emiliano Alvárez and Hermione Jean Granger. This is not the beginning of a new relationship but an acknowledgment of the next chapter in their lives together. Katerína and Hermione have spent years getting to know each other, and we now bear witness to what their relationship has become. Today, they will affirm this bond formally and publicly." The officiant started saying.

"Katerína and Hermione will mark their transition as a couple, not only by celebrating the love between themselves, but by also celebrating the love between all of us, including the love of their parents, siblings, extended family, and best friends. Without that love, today would be far less joyous. Now I believe you prepared your own vows."

I smiled at the curly haired brunette in front of me, my grin reaching my eyes at how happy I was. "Hermione Granger. Never would I have thought I would've ended up with you out of all people. And, actually, I do have to thank Draco for that, since if he didn't shoot a spell at you, I wouldn't have saved you." Everyone laughed at my statement.

"For basically all of my childhood years, I have learnt that I am incapable of loving anything, but that night, when we were on our little picnic date at the forbidden forest, I knew. I knew my father was wrong. And I knew I was wrong. I knew that I loved you, and that I will never stop loving you. Because everyday, every second with you is a blessing, and I promise, I will never let go." Tears filled Hermione's caramel brown eyes, gazing up at me.

Hermione took a deep breath, starting to say, "Ok well, Katerína, I always believed that the 'correct' couple can only be boys and girls. But after meeting you, I knew I was wrong. And we all know how I'm never wrong." The audience laughed again.

"But you, you proved me wrong with every little compliment you gave me. And all the small notes you would send me. You proved me wrong by showing me how much you loved me, and allowing me to find out how much I truly loved you. Everyday without you is a pain, and I too, promise, to never let you go."

My heart started beating even faster as the feeling of happiness and excitement rushed through my veins. Never would I have thought I would've ended up here, with a person I truly love with all of my heart, about to become my one and only forever.

"Do you Katerína Emiliano Alvárez take Hermione Jean Granger to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto her for as long as you both shall live?" The officiant asked, turning to look at me. "I do."

"And do you Hermione Jean Granger take Katerína Emiliano Alvárez to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto her for as long as you both shall live?" The officiant then questioned. "I do."

"A ring is an unbroken circle, with ends that have been joined together, and it represents your union. It is a symbol of infinity, and of your infinite love. When you look at these rings on your hands, be reminded of this moment, your commitment, and the love you now feel for each other."

"Katerína, place the ring on Hermione's finger and repeat after me: Hermione, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge; to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever." And I did as he said, putting the ring on her finger and saying, "Hermione, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge; to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever."

"And now... Hermione, place the ring on Katerína's finger and repeat after me: Katerína, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge; to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever."

"Katerína, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love with the pledge; to love you today, tomorrow, always, and forever." Hermione said, placing the ring on my finger.

"​​Before these witnesses, you have pledged to be joined in marriage. You have now sealed this pledge with your wedding rings. By the authority vested in me, I now pronounce you married! You may now kiss the bride!"

Hermione and I kissed, our lips moving and sync. Now, Hermione is officially mine. She, now and always, will be the love of my life. The joy in my heart. She is my Hermione Granger.

904 words