Chapter 7 - Betrayal

Italics is you-know-who speaking

No one's POV

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies-" Harry Potter started saying from inside the great hall. "-You still have a bit of a security problem, headmaster."

The grand doors of the great hall opened, revealing the order, as well as others who wanted to help, strutting in, Kingsley Shaklebolt at the very front. Hermione and Katerína were still holding hands from the recent events that occurred outside of the great hall.

Snape was taken aback when the group came waltzing into the room, his eyes landing on the once redhead girl, who now had it dyed blonde. The greasy haired headmaster had a disappointed look in his dark eyes, while Katerína rolled her green ones.

"And I'm afraid it's quite extensive. How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night. Tell then how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you... and killed him. Tell them." Harry exclaimed, his face painted with anger.

Out of nowhere, Snape harshly pulled out his wand, only for McGonagall to push the raven haired boy away, pointing her wand at the man as well. People gasped and shrieked, scurrying away to the sides, not wanting to get hurt.

The two Professors, well, one now a headmaster, started duelling. The two adults, once somewhat friends, now turned into enemies. After a few more seconds, Snape gave up, turning into a cloud of black smoke and fleeing away from the great hall, breaking the windows in the process.

"Coward!" The brunette Professor shouted, but then turned around, flicking her wand to make the place have light, changing the once eerie and uncomfortable atmosphere to a bright, and more happy one.

Students started cheering, well, most of the students, while practically all of the Slytherins glowered, their faces masked with frowns. Though, to ruin the cheery mood, a whisper could be heard. A whisper from a wizard all too familiar.

"Harry..." You-know-who spoke, his voice low and raspy. A look of panic washed over the Potter boy's face, his knees going weak and falling to the floor. "Potter?" McGonagall called out, concerned over the change of mood of the boy.

The room went dark again, darker than it was before, while the cheering died down and smiles faded, fear evident on everyone's faces. A sound of rumbling filled everyone's ears, as their look of fear only grew.

All of a sudden, a high pitched scream was heard. Then another one, this other person screaming louder. Harry walked over to the second person screaming, noticing a girl covering her ears. "AHH!" Yet another scream, from a third person.

"I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think that the fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

The room fell silent, as everyone backed away from the raven haired boy, who looked worried, though tried to hide it. "What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" None other than Pansy Parkinson exclaimed, pointing at the Potter boy.

Ginny quickly rushed over to the boy, defensively covering him. Katerína went next, pulling Hermione with her. More people followed, surrounding Harry... protecting and defending him the only way they could at the moment.

Katerína looked around, her eyes landing on the dull, grey ones of Draco Malfoy. He shook his head slightly, showing his disapproval, while the Alvárez girl only glared back, ignoring his opinion.

That heart-warming moment was interrupted though, hearing the yells of, "Students out of bed! Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!" coming from Filch, running over weirdly, holding Mrs. Norris. "They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!" Professor McGonagall shouted out.

All the long haired man managed to utter out was, "Oh. Sorry ma'am." The brunette Professor then walked over to the caretaker. "As it happens, Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you, please, to lead Ms. Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin House from the hall."

"Exactly where is it I'd be leadin' em to, ma'am?" Filch asked. "The dungeons will do." Cheering and clapping emerged once again. "Right. Come on. Come on." He muttered, doing exactly as he was told, heading out of the great hall, followed by the Slytherins.

750 words