Chapter 8 - Kiss

TW: Slight mentions of death

Katerína's POV

Harry was running up the stairs while Hermione, Ron and I were following after him, pushing past lots and lots of panicking students.

"Harry!" Ron called out, leading to the raven haired boy turning around, taking sight of us. "Hermione and I have been thinking. It doesn't matter if we find a horcrux." The redhead stated. "What do you mean?" Harry then asked, looking confused.

"Unless we can destroy it." Hermione elaborated. "So we were thinking-" The Weasley boy was cut off. "-Ron was thinking! It was Ron's idea. It's completely brilliant!" The brunette complimented him, leading to me looking down at my feet.

"You destroyed Tom Riddle's diary with a Basilisk fang, right? Well, me and Hermione think we know where we might find one." Ron explained. "Okay-" The Potter boy started saying, reaching for something in his pocket. "-Okay, But take this. That way you can find us when you get back."

He handed the pair the Marauders map. "Where are you going?" Hermione shouted after him. "Ravenclaw common room. Gotta start somewhere." Harry expounded. "Katia, you're coming with me." He then said, which led to me following after him, running up the stairs.

Time skip

"Harry! Katia! Wait! I need to talk to you!" I heard a familiar high pitched voice exclaim. I pulled at the raven haired boy's arm, trying to alert him of Luna calling after us. But he just ignored it, continuing his running.

"I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment, Luna." Harry responded to the blonde, not even sparing her a glance. "You won't find anything where you're going! You're wasting your time!" Luna declared. "Look, we'll talk later, okay, Luna?" The raven haired boy quizzed.

"Harry-"

"Later!"

"Harry Potter! You listen to me right now!" The blonde shouted out, causing a shocked look to flash over my face, as well as Harry's, leading to him finally stopping and turning around. "Don't you remember what Cho said about Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem? 'There's not a person alive who's seen it'."

My face lit up in realisation. "You have to talk to someone dead." I muttered, while the Lovegood girl smiled slightly, nodding at my statement. Suddenly, a glow could be seen from the window of the stairwell, leading Luna, Harry and I to curiously walk up to it.

A sort of magical barrier was being produced, surrounding the school. Protecting the school. The school many of us have once called home. "It's very impressive, isn't it?" Luna murmured.

With that, Luna led us both to an empty corridor. "If you're to find her, you'll find her down there." The blonde stated. "Are you not coming?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows quizzically. "No. I think it's best if only one of you goes. She's very shy."

Time skip

It's been a while, Harry finally came out. Luna has already left, going to help prepare for the upcoming war. But I stayed, since Harry requested it. "Was she any help? Did you figure anything out?" I immediately started questioning after taking sight of the raven haired boy.

"The room of requirement. That's where it is." The Potter boy answered, running out of the place, me following after him. Though, the mention of the room of requirement brought so many memories back.

Memories of the nights Draco and I stayed up fixing the vanishing cabinet. Memories of when I got the dark mark, finally becoming a death eater. Memories of all the chaotic things that have happened that year, including me getting with a certain frizzy haired brunette.

I remember when we first became friends. I remember when we first confessed our feelings. I remember our first actual date. I remember feeling love for the first time ever! With the girl that would probably never love me back.

After the happy memories washed away, I started remembering the feelings she has had for Ron. I remember the anger I felt. I remember the jealousy I felt. I remember how hurt I felt. But in the end, it was my doubts and insecurities that really ended our relationship.

"Hey!" I finally snapped out of it, looking to my left to see Harry staring at me worriedly. "Are you okay? You look distressed." The Potter boy quizzed sympathetically. I squinted my eyes at him. "I look distressed? I wonder why." I exclaimed sarcastically.

That caused the raven haired boy to glare at me slightly, but then soften his look, sighing. "You're thinking about her, aren't you?" He questioned, as I stared down at the floor. "Look, anything can happen right now. You have to tell her before it's too late."

I slowly lifted my head back up, sending a small smile to Harry and nodded. "Thank you." I uttered out, running to find the frizzy haired brunette. The girl that was once my girlfriend. The girl that I loved. Hermione Granger.

Time skip

I ran down to the chamber of secrets, my grin reaching my eyes as I thought about finally confessing the feelings I've been telling Hermione I have gotten over. The feelings I've told myself I have gotten over.

I ran into the chamber, my wide smile faltering. My heart dropped to my stomach, my eyes wide. In front of me was Ron and Hermione kissing heavily. I tried to leave before either of them saw me, but failed.

Hermione's POV

Water splashed over the redhead boy and I, my mouth wide open as an inaudible gasp left my lips. Our hair dripped water and our clothes were soaking wet. Silence fell upon Ron and I, the sounds of our heavy breath being the only thing that could be heard.

I turned to the Weasley boy, but he did something I didn't expect. He pulled me into a long, passionate kiss. I didn't know how to react at first, not doing anything to stop him or push him away. But after the kiss finally ended, I realised something.

I realised that after crushing on Ron for so long, I didn't want to kiss him. I didn't want to date him. I didn't want to be with him, romantically that is. Though I did have that desire with someone else. A certain redhead slytherin that recently dyed her hair blonde.

The same girl that just ran out of the chamber, probably noticing how Ron and I kissed. I ran after her. "Oh my God." I choked out. "Rina!" I called out. "Rina, wait!" I finally caught up to her, grabbing onto her arm to stop her from running again.

The Alvárez girl swiftly turned around, hastily pulling her arm out of my hold. "I'm sorry-" I started apologising, but was cut off by Rina.

"I- it's fine. I mean, you did nothing wrong. We are broken up with. A- a- and Ron and I talked it over. I told him I didn't have any feelings for you anymore, and he told me he fancied you. You did absolutely nothing wrong. He did nothing wrong. Now you two can finally be together." Rina rambled.

"No no no! It's not like that! Not anymore-" I tried explaining, but was cut off yet again. "You don't have to say that. Not for me. It's okay. I just want you to be happy." And with that, she left, leaving me standing there alone, not being able to explain my feelings for her.

1232 words