Ravenclaw or Slytherin?

Italics is letter

TW: Slightly mentions of alcohol

Katerína's POV

It's been a day since we sent Felix to Hogwarts. Currently, the inner circle, which contained Draco and Astoria, Harry and Ginny, Ron, as well as Hermione and I, of course, was in 12 Grimmauld place, since this kind of became our little hang out location after everything that has happened.

Rose and Lily were at the Burrow, us wanting to hang out as just adults, and *cough* drink alcohol *cough*. But that was interrupted when Felix's owl, Oliver, who was named after my deceased cat, may he rest in peace, came.

Oliver tapped on the window, leading to Hermione opening it, taking the letter and feeding him some treats before allowing Oliver to fly away again. Hermione went back to sitting next to me, opening the letter, but had the bottom part still in the envelope so some of the letter was still covered.

Dear mother and mum,

Even though school just started, I am already having so much fun here (which most other kids disagree about, but I personally believe that learning is fun).

Currently, I don't have that many friends, but I am very close with Scorpius and Albus. But I promise to try and communicate with others since mother told me not to be like mum since being anti-social has its cons.

Either way, my house is

I snatched the letter away before my wife could finish reading it. "Let's make a bet." I declared, leading to Hermione rolling her eyes at me, tired of all the bets I have been making since we've been officially together.

"Oh Merlin, fine." She gasped out. "2 galleons our son is in Slytherin." I stated. "Ok, well I think that he's in Ravenclaw." The brunette declared, a challenging look in her eyes, which I returned.

"I wanna join the bet." Harry spoke, all of our heads snapping to him. "Fine. Which house do you think he's gonna be in?" I questioned. He paused to think about it for a second before speaking up. "Gryffindor. With his favourite uncle around all of the time, it definitely rubbed off on the little guy."

That's when Draco chirped in, "Well I'm the better uncle. So he's definitely in Slytherin." He looked over to me and smirked, while I returned the smug look. But that's when Ron started talking, saying, "Have you talked to the kid? He's too smart to not be in Ravenclaw."

All of us started bickering about it, joke-filled meaningless arguments starting to occur. The only ones not in the argument being Astoria and Ginny. Speaking of her, the redhead woman snatched the letter out of my hands, leading all of us to fall silent.

"Alright, alright, let's just read which house the kid's in for Merlin's sake." She complained, rolling her eyes at our childish behaviour. "And he's in-" All of us looked at her intently, waiting for her to answer the question we all wondered.

"-Slytherin." Ginny finished saying as Draco and I started cheering, the others booing and scoffing. "Haha, suck it!" I exclaimed, laughing at everyone's fake gloomy faces. "Pay up!" I then spoke, reaching my hand out as Hermione and Harry both handed me 2 galleons, sighing at how they lost the bet.

I then high-fived Draco, the wide grins not leaving our faces.

552 words