Taking Care of America

England stroked the dirty browned hair taking a cool wet wash cloth and gently rubbed away the crusted blood from the super power's nose and mouth as he slept.

England🇬🇧: Oh Alfie... You've gotten yourself in a horrid mess this time. Even your glasses are missing.

Kiku held the brown flight jacket although now it looked like nothing but a dirty cloth ripped in string shreds where a faded number of 50 used to be clearly visible and the fur on the collar was caked in dirt, ash, and blood.

Japan🇯🇵: I try my hardest not to say this happening was all my fault, you know...

England🇬🇧: a million times already it's not your fault.

Japan🇯🇵: I know Mr. Kirkland but it's hard to see it that way! 😢 I-I'm not looking for any sympathy by saying something like this, I had one job... One and it seems I failed to do it... *pressing the torn filthy jacket to his face in tears* I can't leave his side until he's awake, so that I know I haven't failed completely.

England🇬🇧: and what will you do if, dare I even say so, if he never wakes up...?

Japan🇯🇵: th-then at least I was here, I didn't abandon him.

England🇬🇧: Alright. But we can't talk like that around him... How can we expect anyone to be better with talk like this? If anything, I want to say Thank you Japan... You made him really happy. He was really into you, everything you did, your culture and people fascinated him. I think he even started to look at you like a brother of some sort. You were very good to him.. Thank you.

Japan🇯🇵: 😩😭 d-dōitashimashite!! (You're welcome) *cries in the jacket*

England🇬🇧: I'll talk to your boss and try to handle you're country affairs with China... as for you Alfred, there's some good news, but I think I'd rather tell you when you're awake... You want to know what it is don't you? So you have to wake up to hear it. I promise to tell you as soon as your eyes are open, but you have to promise me you'll open them one day.

Japan🇯🇵: Arigatō... *finally looking up from the jacket his eyes still wet in tears and holds out his pinky to the man in the bed and wrapped it around his pinky and finally smiles softly* he pinky promises...