04

Ty for 100 reads!
__________________________________

"Tooru, you have to eat your veggies!"

He pouted, slamming his fork on the table,
"I don't wanna! They taste gross!"

You sighed, trying to think of a way to get him to consume the healthy foods.

"You don't want Hajime to beat you at tag every time, do you? And you have to eat your veggies to grow big and strong to play volleyball!"

It seemed as though you had convinced them, and with visible reluctance, the tiny boy at his vegetables, making a grossed out face after each one.

He soon finished them all, showing you his empty plate.

"Good job Tooru! Since you've been so good today, and it isn't dark out, how about we play a little bit of volleyball?"

You saw the sparkle in his eyes as he stood up from his chair,
"Really!? I'm gonna go get my volleyball!"

He scurried off to his room, giving you enough time to finish your food, which had gone cold while you helped him eat his.

As soon as you finished, you could hear tiny footsteps approaching you, and you soon saw the small smiling boy in front of you, showing you his volleyball.

You stood up, and made your way to the door.

"You need me to tie your shoes?"

"No! Mine are Velcro!"

He stomped around you, and his shoes were indeed, velcro.

(Why don't they make velcro shoes for older people like omg)

You finished putting your shoes on, and opened the door.

"Make sure to hold me hand, okay?"

He nodded, and the two of you walked hand and hand to the park, where there was a conveniently set-up volleyball net.

He freed himself from your hand, and ran to one side of the net.

"Let's play!"

You chuckled to yourself and went on the other side of the net.

You didn't do too well against him. Even if he was at least a decade younger than you, you still weren't the best volleyball player. You scored a good amount of points, but that was mainly luck.

Although winning would have been nice, the smile on his face after he beat you was something you wouldn't trade for the world.

"Alright Tooru, we should start going home now, mom will be back soon,"

"Okay..."
He was a little disappointed, but he was glad he was able to play volleyball with you at all.

"Nii chan... I'm tired,"

You sighed before crouching down, and felt him climb onto your back, wrapping his arms around your neck, making you carry his volleyball in a bag you brought.

"Did you have fun today Tooru?"

You heard him yawn before he hummed in response, giving you his answer.

You walked the rest of the way home, and found that your mom was already there, washing the dishes from your dinner.

"Hi mom!"

"Oh (f/n)! Your back! Is Tooru tired?"

She dried off her hands and approached you, giving you a hug before taking your younger brother off of your back.