13 - Kira

A/N

Hey guys.

This is going to be a dark one. There will be a death in the end of the chapter so if you can't take it, you should scroll though it until the chapter ends. I will try to explain what happened after the chapter ends.

Please don't hate me.

Love to you all.

Tina.

~~~~

Kira's Pov.

I wake up the next morning feeling better than ever.

Me and Shawn connected on a whole other level last night and it felt mind blowing. I don't know why the green light surrounded us and I'm not sure I want to know. I don't need to add another weird thing to my life right now.

I wiggle may way out of Shawn's arms and seeing the new 'bathroom' makes me scowl at the wall again. Just for good measure, I slap it on my way out of the bedroom. Making my way to the kitchen, I see that Kate is the only one who's up, so I sit down opposite her and take a cup of the delicious smelling tea she's made.

"Good morning hunny," she says with a smile on her face. "Morning Kate."

"Did you sleep well?" she asks. Heat crawls up my neck and I can't help the bright smile spreading on my face. "Like a baby."

Then she gets serious as she looks down at the table and run her index finger on the rim of her cup before she says, "we need to go into town to get some groceries today. With all the people in the house, we've run out of food."

I nod. "Okay, I'll go wit-."

"No!" she immediately says. "No, I think you should stay here." I raise my eyebrows. I've never seen her like this before. I've never seen her so serious.

"But..." I start. "No, Kira! Don't push me on this one! I don't want to risk your safety. William wants you and we don't know what his plan is." MY safety? What about theirs? I can help them with my abilities. Maybe I can sneak away and watch over them from a far?

It's like she reads my mind because she quickly says, "don't even think about it!" She gives me a stern look, making me sigh. Then she says, "I'll take Shawn, Boe and Olea with me."

I raise my eyebrows. "Why Shawn?" I ask. "He's the only one who can match William's strength. Maybe he's even stronger."

I don't like it. I don't like it at all. I'm protective of everyone here but I'm extra protective of him. He's my mate and I don't think that I can live without him.

"... Okay, but please be careful. I don't want anything to happen to you." Before she can say anything, a yawning Hillary comes into the kitchen. "Good morning."

"Morning Hillary. Sit down and have a cup of tea," I say. She smiles a little as she shakes her head. "Sorry my dear but I'm a coffee person in the morning."

After putting on a pot of coffee, she sits down next to me, and Kate looks at her. "I was just telling Kira that we need to go and get groceries today." Hillary nods. "Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I don't even think that we have enough for making breakfast."

Getting up, I look through the cupboards and in the fridge.

"We have some eggs. I can get some vegetables and make some omelets?" They both nod and Hillary yawns again just as Sharon and Boe joins us in the Kitchen. I really need a bigger kitchen table, or even better, a bigger kitchen. Dear tree, if you absolutely have to grow, make me a bigger kitchen that fits us all.