Chapter Twenty Six; Henwy

Sigils found him in the forest. It was the same spot Henwy had sang Hidden in the Sand to Sigils. He didn't have his guitar this time though.

Sigils sat down beside him and the two stared solemnly at their home.

"I was the one who destroyed the chamber," Henwy whispered.

Sigils froze beside him, "Y-you what?"

Henwy flinched when Sigils stood, excepting him to strike.

"I'm sorry, I really am-," Henwy began and staggered to his feet.

"You destroyed it?!" Sigils yelled.

"Sigils-," Henwy tried but the older man cut him off.

"I though you changed! I thought that finally after years you would change," Sigils shouted, taking a threatening step towards Henwy.

"I know, I thought I did too," Henwy whispered. Sigils deflated stared at Henwy.

"I want you to exile me, or kill me, or imprison me, or whatever. I just want to be punished," Henwy stared at the ground.

Sigils didn't respond. Instead he crossed the small gap the two had so quickly formed. Henwy flinched again, expecting Sigils to hit him, but his oldest friend simply wrapped his arms around him in a fierce hug.

Henwy forced his tensed muscles to relax.

"They will want to kill you," Sigils murmured.

"What's different?" Henwy growled, "I know you'll be right there beside them. You always have."

Sigils pulled back, "Ever since I saw you in those woods, I knew you would be trouble."

"You didn't expect this though, did you?" Henwy replied.

"No, but all of my best memories include you," Sigils added sternly.

"And so do all of your worst. Face it, I do more harm than help," Henwy nearly shouted back.

Sigils stared at Henwy, his expression blank.

"Kill me Sigils."

"What?"

"I said kill me," Henwy hissed, "Kill me right now. Get it over with. Tell everyone what I did. Leave my body to rot in the woods. I don't deserve to die peacefully. I don't deserve to rest beside the friends I killed."

"That's not going to happen," Sigils responded numbly.

Henwy balled his fists. He couldn't even convince his enemy to kill him.

"I'll take you back into town. I'll let them decide. If they want to kill you, I'll do it myself."

Henwy thought about that, "Ok, I like that."