Chapter Four; Zud

The second his team stepped into the Nether, they broke off from everyone else.

"What's the plan?" Kate asked as they climbed through the Nether.

Zud jumped down a small overhang and helped Siimii down, "I want to find a warped forest or a group of piglins first. I brought a good amount of gold with me if we do run into piglins. Once we get some ender pearls we can find a Nether fortress, or we can split up and to get blaze rods and pearls." Zud voiced his plan.

"Lookumz and I can go find the fortress before the other teams. You two can go get ender pearls," Kate responded.

They went their separate ways. Siimii and Zud hiked through the Nether for the longest time, searching for blue trees or piglin.

"Over there!" Siimii called. Zud turned in the direction she was pointing in and saw a little piglin walking around. He saw the two and yelped.

Zud and Siimii walked over to him and offered him a bit of gold. He took the gold, but dropped it and threw his arms around Zud's leg.

"Help," He squeaked.

Zud knelt down and pried him off of his leg, "You can talk?"

"Help," He wrapped his arms around Zud's chest and squeezed.

Zud awkwardly patted him on the back.

"He's so cute!" Siimii exclaimed.

"I think he's lost, we should probably take him back to the other piglins, they must be nearby," Zud looked around and stood. The little piglin hugged his leg again.

The three walked around for a little while until they finally found the large group of piglins.

They trotted up to them, Siimii now carrying the little piglin. The others turned. One walked carefully to him. Zud offered the gold and Siimii put the younger piglin down. He hugged and buried his snout in her leg

The older piglin hadn't even glanced at the younger one and examined the gold. He grunted and gave Zud a few ender pearls before walking away with the rest of the group.

"Wait!" Zud started after them but the brandished their crossbows, aim for Zud, Siimii, and the little piglin.

Zud stepped back and held his hands up. The piglins turned and walked away.

Siimii shot Zud a confused look and lifted the little piglin into her arms.

"Bad," He whimpered, "Very bad."

Siimii pet his head.

They tried to give the piglin to a few more groups but they all refused him.

They had soon gathered enough ender pearls to make the eyes of ender, so they sent a quick message to the rest of their team. Kate responded, explaining that her and Lookumz had found the fortress and only needed one more blaze rod. She also sent the coordinates of the fortress.

Siimii tried to talk to the piglin a bit more as they hiked.

"What is you name?" She asked him at one point.

"Name?" The piglin responded. Siimii nodded.

"W-Wilbur," He squeaked.

"Hey, I see the fortress!" Zud pointed. He saw towers of cobblestone and dirt piled to for a staircase into the fortress. They climbed up it and saw the Blue team rushing down and out of the fortress.

Zud helped up Wilbur and Siimii and started searching for Kate and Lookumz.

"Zud!" He heard Lookumz call. They both turned and saw Kate and Lookumz waving them over, "We have the blaze powder, and the portal is over here!"

Zud ran over to them and gave Kate the ender pearls. She quickly crafted the eyes of ender and gave each of them to each team member. She noticed Wilbur and was about so speak but Siimii shook her head and said, "We'll explain later."

They clambered down the fortress and passed the Blue team. Zud heard Henwy shout something but they were already at the portal. Zud waved for everyone else to go through.

He stood defensively as they all entered, and saw Henwy and Sigils running towards him.

Zud pulled out his gleaming diamond sword, but he knew Henwy had a Netherite one. Just as Lookumz stepped through the portal, Zud blocked Sigils's swing. He shoved Sigils back and blocked Henwy's swing. Zud crouched down and swept his leg in an arch, making contact with Henwy's legs and causing him to fall.

Sigils ran forward and slashed at him but Zud rolled under his swing and jabbed him in the back with the flat side of the sword. Zud stood quickly and ran to the portal, not daring to check the damage he had done. He stood at the portal frame and turned to look at Sigils and Henwy staggering to their feet.

Zud did a quick salute and fell backwards into the portal.