𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐧?

a/n; this one shot, was wrote for palmerstrange week 2022, and I wanted to share it with you! You can find the rest on my tumblr <3.

I never believed in right person, wrong time
if it was the right person
then how could the time be wrong?

It was known to the whole hospital that Stephen Strange had slept with almost everyone on each floor. But the moment he saw Christine Palmer , everything changed. All he wanted was her and while the relationship began nicely as colleagues and later moved further as project partners both of them grew feelings.

And so Christine decided to give him one chance. He had promised her that he would change and be there for her. She believed him, she really did, but once the interviews and everything started to grow concerning their technique, everything had gone downhill.

that's exactly what I thought until I met you.
we were perfect for each other in every way,
but with things being the way they were
it wasn't our time.

Then, months later, the accident happened. And while he wasn't sure about wanting her there, Christine was there for him,taking care of him, or just being there for him. But he didn't appreciate that at all. So after telling her that she meant nothing to him. She left him.

She did not bother answering him to his emails or calls or anything. When he came back she did help him with everything and when he told her that he didn't want her to go.And then, she thought that this was her Stephen and whether she should forgive him.

It was months later when they told her he was dead. Well,technically as she learned five years later he was dusted, not dead. As he had explained her few days before her wedding day. But in those five years, she would go and visit that empty grave his parents had built next to his sister, Donna.

She would spent a lot of time talking to him telling him about her life. The fact she missed him, loved him and forgiven him about everything.Getting those words out of her chest made her feel at peace.

But then, she met Charles. And she moved on as she thought that Stephen would probably want her to do so. But when Stephen came back she was shocked although she couldn't just destroy her life she had built those last four years.And he watch her get married. He wore that painful smile, which so that even though he seemed happy he was hurting inside.

Maybe in another world,
or another universe we would end up together.
but never in ours.

But then the multiverse started to happen since the incident with Spider-Man. And that's how he met earth's 838 Christine. She wasn't entirely sure about trusting him first as her earth's Stephen had hurt her, and not only that but he had also used the dark hold,but as she learned later on, (as she helped him save america from the scarlet witchand fix the multiverse) not all Stephen's were the same. And so he had gained her trust.

And when he said "I love you in every universe"  she had made sure he was different. And she smiled knowing this Stephen couldn't possibly her hurt and he wouldn't intend to. And as he had promised her, he gave her a tour to his universe fully knowing he could cause an incrusion. And that night she said yes when he  asked her to try and have a relationship.

And two years later, in her white dress in her universe as the incrusion wouldn't happen, as they had brought their earth's to the same timeline she again said yes smiling at him. And in that universe she was his happy ending