𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 ?

a/n; hiii it's iris again and i'm so excited to start these one shots!! I hope you enjoy. This is set after endgame.

The first thing that came to his mind as soon as the battle was over, was Christine. Go to her , just to see her, make sure she's okay. Check in on her, and that's what he did.

Clearly not even caring about his injuries he was trying to find Christine, the moment he stepped foot in the hospital. Once he found her by accidentally bumping into her, it was her turn to be the shocked one. "Stephen?" she asked making sure it was him "Oh god, you're okay,where have you been for the past five years, gosh-" he interrupted her "it's okay, I'm okay it's a long story if you have time-" this time she was the one interrupting him "is this about the crazy cult you're in?" she asked rubbing her forehead.

He chucked, "first of all" he stated, "it's not a cult" he said laughing "it is a cult" she insisted. " Yes, you have a point on that, it is somehow connected" he admitted to her. I'm the heat of the moment all she did was just bring him close to herself  by hugging him tightly resting her forehead on his shoulder.

He set his head in the crook of her neck, placing a small kiss there. "I missed you" she admitted softly "I couldn't get ahold of you for five years," she said. "I missed you too" he admitted quietly in her neck. "I was so worried that you might have been dusted too or worse died, you don't get it." he said.

He felt safe with her. It felt like home. Because she was, is his home. "Come on" she said leading his to an exam room, "I have to take care of those wounds before they get infected." " I trust you Doctor Palmer" he said as he took his seat in an exam bed. She chucked softly cleaning his wounds and closing them making sure they aren't infected.

After a while she noticed the watch she had given him as present on his arm. It was broken as she remembered five years ago but still he wore it. "You're still wearing it" she commented softly looking briefly on his eyes before continuing on taking care on the wound in his forehead. He looked briefly on his arm noticing the watch. " I am" he said "This is what gave me faith that you're okay" he said.

"Stephen" she said setting down her surgical tools and sitting on a chair across him. She took his hands in hers holding them close to her. "I.." she began but she couldn't get the right words.

Stephen I moved on? Stephen I love you? Stephen I need time? She wasn't sure on how to tell him how she felt and that bothered her a lot. "Say the word Christine" he urged her "Say the word and I will give you the world" he said more like a promise.

"You're making this so hard for me Stephen" she said "The feelings are there and after all this time you just show up, and gosh this is so hard" she admitted softly. "Christine, come on, give me a chance" he said.

Instead of talking to him, she just pressed her lips against his. "Is that your answer?" she mumbled against his lips softly " I think I can take that as a yes" he said and she laughed softly. "But" she said as she straddled his hips. "You have to promise me that you will stop this crazy cult stuff,okay?" she asked softly. He looked in her eyes and smiled softly at her "fine fine no more crazy cult stuff" he promised "good" she agreed resting her forehead against his.

And then he began telling her all about what had happened the past five years and why he wasn't somehow alive. He explained everything that had happened telling her that now she had to reason to be scared as far as he knew. She told him about her life the past five years and that she tried moving on which didn't happen but now she had him here she was sure to give him that chance they lost all these years ago.