XXI: THE END

Tatum woke up early in the morning, eight o'clock to be specific, to her phone ringing. She picked it up to see that Miguel was calling her.

"Hey," she said sleeping, answering the phone.

"Hey. Did I wake you up?" Miguel asked.

"Yeah, but I would've woke up soon anyway. What's up?"

"Do you wanna go to the beach? We haven't hung out alone in a while."

"Yeah, okay. Like, right now?"

"I'm already here."

"What?"

"I needed to clear my head. Just get dressed and get down here."

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too."

Tatum was confused. Sure, she was happy to be hanging out with Miguel, but he never called randomly. They always made their plans a few days prior.

She ignored the weirdness, getting dressed and heading out of the door. She decided to stop at Starbucks first, getting an iced coffee to energise her considering she'd been woken up so abruptly. She chewed some gum for the rest of her walk to the beach to avoid coffee breath.

She finally made it onto the beach, looking around and seeing no sign of Miguel. She got out her phone to text him, before being taped on the shoulder.

She turned around to see Miguel. "Hey," he said, quietly.

"Why are you e inferior so quiet?" Tatum asked.

"I don't know. I'm just in a peaceful mood, I guess."

"Did you bring me here to tell me that you've turned into a hippie?"

"No, idiot. This is the place where I first felt something for you, and the place where we told everyone about us. It was the day we played volleyball, when I hit you in the face. You'd just been in the water, and your hair was wash. You looked so pretty under the sunset. And the day we told everyone, you looked even prettier. You get prettier every single day, and I grow more and more in love with you. I wanted to give you this," Miguel pulled out a ring.

A scared look came across Tatum's features. "Miguel, we're fifteen-"

"I'm not proposing. It's a promise ring. I know you've been worried about us, since the thing with the article. It's a promise for me to never leave you, ever. I'm yours and always yours, and nothing can pull us apart."

"Oh, well in that case, thank you. I don't have a ring to officiate it or anything, but I think it's clear that I never wanna leave you."

Miguel leant down to Tatum's height, crushing his lips into hers. They held each other's faces, kissing until they had to come up for air. "I love you, Tatum Kennedy."

"And I love you. More than anything. Us two forever?"

Tatum held out her pinkie, and Miguel intertwined his with it. "Forever."