XIX: IN LOVE

Miguel and Tatum had told each other they loved each other. Not long after, Miguel fell asleep. Tatum lay next to him, figuring he needed the sleep after running all the way to her house. She didn't even mind the fact that she's probably need to changed her seats, considering the fact he was still drenched with rain. She wasn't exactly happy about it, though.

She couldn't sleep. She thought about how easy it seemed for a misunderstanding to pull Miguel away from her. It was worrying. She felt reassured that he'd came back and heard her out, but what if he didn't next time?

She picked up her phone and headed into the bathroom to calm Tristan, not wanting to wake Miguel.

"God, Tay. It's one in the morning," Tristan said as he picked up the phone.

"Did I wake you?" Tatum asked sarcastically. She knew she hadn't. Tristan was always awake at this time.

"No."

"Exactly. We made up."

"Did you make out?"

"Not the point. He told me he loves me."

"Oh, so you totally made out," Tristan said, before taking in what Tatum had actually said, "Wait, what?! Oh my god. Did you say it back?"

"Obviously. I'm worried, though. It seemed so easy to pull him away."

"Yeah, and he came back."

"But what if something happens again? I mean, I don't know what could happen. But you know what people are like. What if he doesn't come back next time?"

"He loves you, Tay. Like he's literally in love with you. It's gonna take more than a media scandal to pull him away from you," Tristan attempted to reassure his best friend, but she stayed silent, "Don't say I told you this, but he called Mason. When you guys had the argument. He was in absolute hysterics, Tay. That shows how much he loves you, how hard it is for him to let you go. I promise he didn't just walk away and forget about you, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you Tris. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Tatum hung up the phone. She stayed in the bai on for a few minutes, sitting on the edge of the bath tub, before finally deciding to go back to bed. She walked out to find Miguel outside.

"How long have you been stood out here?" She asked.

"Long enough to hear what you said," Miguel said. "I promise you that after this, it's gonna be a lot harder to break us up. I was so stupid not to hear you out. So stupid to listen to stupid, drama causing bitches. Tristan was right. I'm in love you. Like, totally and utterly in love eight you. Sure, I'm pissed at him for telling you how much I cried, but he was right. It hurts. I don't wanna go through that again."

"I won't let you feel like that again. I'm all yours. I promise you, anything you see is editted, or out of context, or-"

"I get it, Tay. Not real."

"Yeah. Not real. But this is real. Let's go to bed, I'm tired."

The couple went to bed. Miguel pulled Tatum in, and she held onto him so tight, as if he could fly away. He almost did.

She could finally sleep, knowing that Miguel wouldn't be leaving her again anytime soon. It was over. No more comments, no more rumours, no more crying, or breakups.

Tatum wasn't sure whether she loved Miguel three days ago. But being pulled apart so suddenly made her realise that she did. She didn't just love him. She was in love with him.

author speaks
sorry for the short chapter! i can't really think of anything to put rn but i wanted to get a chapter out today so