IV: PARTY

The group were at a party in Mason's house. There were quite a few people there, most of which Tatum didn't know, so she sat on the couch, trying to avoid talking to strangers. She looked around the room, everyone seemed to be having fun, but she was bored. Since she got here, she hadn't actually seen any of her friends. She didn't know whether they were all late, or playing some sort of prank on her.

Suddenly, she heard a glass smash on the other side of the room. She looked over to see a girl cleaning up the glass with her bare hands. "God," Tatum whispered, worried that the girl might cut herself. She kept her eyes on the girl, until her worries became a reality and the glass dug into her hand, pretty deep, too. 

Tatum's haemophobia got the best of her and she ran to the bathroom. She threw her head down the toilet, instantly throwing up. "Too much to drink?" A voice asked.

"It's a none alcoholic party," Tatum replied, not looking back to see who she was talking to. 'Friends' by Chase Atlantic started playing. If there was one thing Tatum would appreciate about this party, it was the playlist. "I have haemophobia and some girl just cut the shit out of her hand."

"Ouch. She okay?"

"Not sure, I don't know her. I don't know anyone here, actually. No fucking clue where my friends are."

"They're in the back."

Tatum turned around to find Miguel stood in front of the bathroom door. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"In case you didn't notice, I'm friends with Mason and this is kind of his party."

"No, idiot. Why did you follow me into the bathroom?"

"I notice you hadn't showed up yet, so I came looking for you. I knew you'd be in here when I saw that girls hand bleeding."

"Why would you care if I didn't show up? Its not like were friends."

"I don't know, I just do. I won't bother next time, you can just sit on the couch like a loner."

"I wasn't sat like a loner."

"You're telling me you spoke to a bunch of people you barely know?" Miguel asked. He knew she wouldn't speak to random people. 

"Yeah, actually," Tatum lied.

"You wouldn't."

"You don't know me."

"You'd be surprised. Just because I don't like you, doesn't mean I don't know you. I pay attention, you know," Miguel said. Tatum went quiet. "Don't be flattered," he rolled his eyes, "I pay attention to everyone, not just you."

"I wasn't flattered. What do yo want?"

"I told you. I came looking for you because you didn't show up."

"I did show up."

"Yeah, but not where you should've."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Means you were in the wrong room, Tay."

"Don't call me that."

"Why not? Tristan calls you it."

"Thats different."

"What because you like him."

"Yes, Miguel, I like Tristan," Miguel seemed smug, "Not like that, asshole. I like Tristan, as a friend. I don't like you. I don't want you checking on me, I don't want you worrying about me, and I don't want you looking for me." Tatum said. Miguel seemed taken aback. She noticed shed been harsh, but didn't say anything. 

"Okay," Miguel said quietly, walking out of the bathroom and heading back to the rest of the group.

"You find her?" Mason asked.

"Mhm."

Mason could tell something was up. "Where is she?"

"Bathroom."

Mason headed to the bathroom, where Tatum still stood looking in the mirror. "What happened?" Mason asked.

"What do you mean?" Tatum said, confused.

"Miguel just came in looking, like, super depressed."

Tatum felt bad. She was also confused why Miguel cared so much about what she thought of him, considering he hated her. "Whatever," she said, trying to brush off her guilt, "Let's go." Without giving Mason a chance to say anything else, she walked out and headed to the back room. 

She was greeted with hugs from everyone, excluding Miguel, and sat down on the floor next to Tristan. "Let's play a game!" Maddy suggested. If she was being honest, Tatum wasn't really interested in party games. She remembered last year, she played spin the bottle and got stuck with someone she really hated. Luckily, there didn't seem to be any bottles in sight, so she didn't run the risk of kissing an enemy this time. 

"Truth or dare?" Becca asked.

"What is it with you and truth or dare?" Brady asked. Tatum agreed. They'd played truth or dare last time. 

"It builds friendships. You learn new things about people."

"What if everyone picks dare?" Tatum asked.

"Then it's just fun."

"I don't think there's much we need to learn about each other, to be honest," Maddy said, "We're all open books, aren't we?"

"No," Tristan and Mason said, looking at Miguel.

"What?" He asked.

"You know what," Tristan said. Miguel just rolled his eyes. Everyone else seemed confused.

"What?" Brady asked. Mason and Tristan just giggled. 

"Tay's not such an open book, either," Tristan said.

"Don't expose me, man," Tatum said.

"I won't expose you, you'll expose yourself. Let's play, I'll go first. Miguel, truth or dare?"

"Truth," Miguel said. 

"Do you like someone?" Tristan asked, smirking.

Miguel knew what he was doing. He thought for a minute. He didn't like anyone. Especially not who Tristan was thinking of. But he knew he could stir the pot. At least, thats what he told himself. "Yeah," he replied. He knew if he was picked again, he'd be asked who it was, so he decided he'd pick dare for the rest of the game.

Everyone seems to freak out, except Tatum. Mason and Tristan sat with smug smirks on their faces. Becca looked over and saw them, remembering the group chat and knowing why they had those faces. "Wait... OH my God, is it?" Becca asked.

"What? No. Ew."

Tatum sat there, confused. They all seemed to know something she didn't. She didn't want to pry especially since it was Miguel, she she just assumed it was something they'd spoke about before she got there. 

They had a few more turns, no one had picked Tatum until it got to Mason's turn. "Tatum, truth or dare?" He asked.

"Truth."

"Do you have a crush on someone?" He asked.

"God, what is it with the crush thing tonight? No."

"Are you sure?"

Was she sure? Tatum questioned herself before answering. "Positive."

"Positively in love," Tristan laughed.

"Yeah, with your mom, bitch. I don't like anyone. I don't do relationships."

"Positively positive?" Maddy asked.

"Positively positive."