Luden's Dash

"Now let's see which one of you had that dagger!" the NPC said as it was about to inspect the loot of the fallen players.

Upon an ordinary death in the frontier, one would lose a level, an item, and half the coins in one's pouch. So PK'ing was a valid method of farming loot. The only downside was that it'd push your Karma value into the negatives, and it was possible that good-aligned establishments would turn you away.

Karma value was something that affected NPCs as well, so it was easy to deduce that this NPC's Karma was also negative. Of course, since it was hiding its name, it was impossible to be 100% certain.

*But a Tier 1 NPC this far out on the edge?*

The "edge" of the continent, or the starter locations, were normally peaceful and full of neutral to neutral-good players and NPCs. And Tier 1 NPCs were usually Village Elders at the very least. So it was a bit strange that there was an evil-aligned NPC just sitting in an auction house of a starter hamlet.

*Unless... Meh, whatever.*

Jisha wasn't about to pry into this nonsense. Though she had an idea of what was going on, it was unlikely that interfering with this situation would yield her any benefit.

*I'll just take what I can right now! Night Walk!*

For the first time in her life, Jisha activated a legendary NPC's item's active ability. Her Presence was decreased by 99%, and though she didn't feel any different, she was undetectable to everyone at this low level.

Jisha dashed towards the loot and Coins that were lying on the ground.

*Come on!*

The NPC had already picked up one of the items. But as soon as it was done inspecting it...

"What on ~~Earth~~-!"

From its point of view, the items and Coins on the ground began to vanish!

"No! What is happening??"

*Hahaha! Mine, mine, and... mine!*

Jisha quickly assessed the value of the items of the dead Shock Collar members and switched out some items in her inventory, taking only the most valuable ones with her. She didn't have enough inventory space to take everything.

*Annoying. Gonna have to buy an inventory upgrade at Inkling.*

But fortunately, Coin pouches didn't have limited space. All the Coins on the ground were hers for the taking.

*Payday!*

After sufficiently stuffing herself on goodies, she dashed away from the NPC as quickly as she could. It could only stare at the ground in shock after what just happened.

*>Night Walk (Toggle: No cooldown): Presence -99% for up to 10 minutes. Time remaining: 9:47.80. Cooldown: 1 week.*

*Not a bad outcome.*

She had barely used any of her limited Night Walk time and had gained a decent harvest.

Though the total value she had gained wasn't close to what she already had, it was worth using Night Walk for it.

*Now, let's find where this man has escaped to.*

---

After a short death timer, 13 players appeared at Covan's respawn point.

"Sh*t, what was that thing?"

"Hell if I know... at least Luden's escaped."

"Yeah... Wonder how much he'll pay us?"