Preparing Against Shock Collar

The independent players who had spawned in the Covan Hamlet were unlucky. They just wanted to play the game, but that wasn't even being allowed to them! Why?

"Sorry. Entry to this establishment is for Shock Collar players only."

"We're blocking all entry to this building if you're not part of the Ravaging Crows."

"Omni Industrial is taking over this area. Off-limits to all else!"

...

More than a couple of groups had already taken control of the buildings that would be useful to players who were just starting the game. The frontier shop, material shop, and even the food services were hotly contested among the org players. Those who wanted to play for fun were simply wasting away...

Of course, it wasn't as if none of them had tried. However, for some odd reason, the number of independent players in this hamlet was unusually low.

In Synergy, or any game for that matter, independent players took up the vast majority of the player population. There was over a 99% chance that any given player was not part of an organization. And this made sense; most players were in the game to have a good time, and being part of an organization meant you most likely had to work.

In Covan, however, only around 50% of the player population was unaffiliated. Why was this the case? Well...

"Hurry and find that quest!"

"It should have been in here... It's not anymore!"

"What? Look over there, then! It's gotta be somewhere!"

"... Once we have enough money..."

"... We can buy that item!"

It was discovered in the beta phase of the game that the Covan Hamlet had an auction house with a supposedly uncommon item. When beta testers reported this fact to their respective orgs, new traveled quickly. The result? A flood of org players in Covan upon release.

Auction houses' purpose was self explanatory: they were hotspots for all sorts of items that anyone could bid on. And it wasn't unlikely to see at least one rare item in the mix.

The independent players had already attempted to break the orgs' grip on the essentials-selling shops, but their lack of unity was their downfall. Similarly to how the group of 20+ players failed to cooperate to take out Fae Sol, the independent players of Covan struggled to take out the orgs. With this everyone was dejected. Until...

"Is that player part of an org? What are they doing?"

"Actually, is that even a player? We can't even see their name."

"No, it's definitely a player. I don't know what it is, but something is telling me for a fact that it's a player."

The independent players watched as they shook their heads. Though they didn't recognize this player, if they weren't part of the org that was guarding the building, there was no chance they could enter.

"Excuse me, old man. Would you be so kind as to make way for me?"

When everyone heard this, they were shocked! It was an incredibly cute girl's voice!

"Uh... We're not that old, but we cannot. Sorry."

When everyone heard the guards' response, they were shocked once again!

"Whaaat? You're saying those rude guards are weak to a cute girl? Hey, you!"

"Eek! Me?"

A young boy pointed at the first girl he saw.