Day 6

Day 6

Dear Diary,

The most amazing thing happened tonight. Something that I never expected to happen.

I was going to the reservation we had booked at this small, fancy restaurant. Cali was going to meet me there and I was really excited. I got there early though so I just went to get our table. When I got there in my little black dress, all ready to eat good French food till I burst, someone was waiting for me.

It was him.

He was standing next to my reserved table in a tux that let me tell you, looked amazing on him. My heart was beating so loud, I could hardly hear my own thoughts.

But I was able to hear the four words that left his mouth a few moments later, when he had gotten down on one knee.

“Will you marry me?”

I couldn’t believe it. He had come back to me? Literally on his knees?

It was something I had dreamed about for over a week, before I even left to come on this trip. Something that I could imagine happening just before I squealed and said yes. Just before people all over the restaurant awed. I never actually thought it would happen. I could see the outcome clearly, me in a little black dress and him swinging me around in his arms, a beautiful diamond ring on my finger.

But that’s not what happened.

No, that’s not what happened at all.

When I heard those words escape his mouth, all I could do was stare at him. I couldn’t say anything and his hopeful gaze faltered. He started explaining that he was wrong and never should have ended it. That I was the one for him. That he loved me.

And I did the unthinkable.

I shook my head and walked away.

I somehow came to the conclusion that he was a coward and didn’t even deserve any of my words. A new confidence sprung within me and I loved it. I wasn’t the same heartbroken woman that left New York. No, I was a confident, beautiful woman who can take on the world with one hand tied behind her back.

So watch out New York. A new Madison is coming to town.

Yours truly,

Madison Mazy