Day 2

Day 2

Dear Diary,

I arrived in London late last night and immediately headed to my previously booked hotel. I didn't even change before i flopped on the bed and passed out. Turns out that doing nothing on a plane for almost 7 hours is pretty tiring, even when you sleep for most of it. So I woke up to chirping birds and bright sunlight. Which only made me think about the first time we slept together and it was bright and sunny the next day. If he hadn't left me, it would probably be the same case today. Bright sunlight streaming through the window and shining on his face and soft brown hair. I still remember how big my smile was when I woke up and saw him there, still there. Still by my side. And how could I forget the same smile that lit up his face when he woke up and saw me, even with my horrendous bed head? Or the way his bright green eyes lit up like fireworks? No, I can't forget that, and now it's making my first morning in Paris miserable.

Thanks a lot _______.

And no, I won’t say his name. All his name does is give a sense of reality to him and what he did to me.

The throbbing thing in my chest is giving me enough of a reminder. My stupid tale-tell heart. I wish I could cut it out and leave it somewhere; lock it up so I will never be able to feel its pain again.

But no, I can’t do that and it is stuck in my chest, reminding me of the first time we met.

Walking into my favorite coffee shop and running into him. I am reminded of the searing burn of his hot coffee and then my pounding heart when I looked up into those bright blue eyes.

Reminding me of our first kiss.

His breath like a feather’s touch on my lips just before his pressed against them. The sweet taste of the strawberry candy he had just eaten. The soft moan that escaped his throat when I tangled my hands into his hair.

My stupid heart won’t let me forget them. Ever.

Yours truly,

Madison Mazy