Part 9

Hi, I'm glad so many people are showing an interest in this. Please remember to vote and/or comment :)

"How was it?" Luke asked. He'd not been able to go to Cassie's concert last night so he wanted to hear everything about it, especially after the news he'd just received. "It was great, Luke. This guy may or may not have offered us an amazing record deal." Cassie said. "Really?! No way!" Luke exclaimed. Cassie nodded and then started explaining everything.

"So yeah, we got an amazing record deal and," Cassie said, rambling on about her music career and all the things that were now happening. Luke couldn't hold it anymore, he just wanted to tell her. He needed to tell her. The longer things were kept quiet, the worse it would be to break the news. 

"Cassie." Luke said, quietly. "Cassie." he repeated, a bit louder but she was so excited about her music, she didn't hear. "Cass." he said, almost at a shout. Cassie stopped talking. Luke had a serious look on his face. It concerned her. She'd not seen it since he told her about Frankie.

He took a deep breath and prepared himself.

"They want me to go back to Iraq." Luke told Cassie. She looked at him shocked, unsure of what to say. "They want me to go back, finish what I started. I was only gone for 5 months last time and so they want me to do the last of the tour. 6 more months." Luke told her. Cassie had to tell him now. She had big news too, outside of her career.

"Luke, I'm pregnant." Cassie blurted out. That was very much not how she wanted to tell him. He darted his eyes to the floor and started running his hands through his hair. Sh*t.

Luke's POV

F*ck. We'd been together 18 months and only known each other 19 months. Cassie was pregnant. Sh*t. I looked back over to her. She looked so scared, fidgeting with her rings. I knew Cassie well enough to know the minute one of us spoke, she'd start freaking out and I didn't blame her. Everything was running through my head; Iraq, my dad, Jonno, etc. We shipped out in a month and that was scary enough let alone being a dad. This wasn't about me though.

"Luke?" Cassie asked, nervously. She was scared of me and what my response would be. I hated that. I turned to look at her. "Whatever you want to do, I'll support you. This is your decision. You're the one who has to go through pregnancy and everything." I told her. "I don't know, Luke." she said. "That's ok. You don't have to know, right now." I said, pulling her into my arms. I held her, laying on the sofa with Peaches. We lay like that on the sofa for an hour or two, watching Stranger Things.