Chapter Twenty Four

"How the fuck could you let him out of there?! He hurt you!" Blake's voice boomed through the entire house, making me shrink back from him  just slightly. 

To say he hadn't taken the situation well was an understatement. 

He was usually never this mad. He slammed his hands on the table and glaring at me. I hadn't exactly planned on what to say the moment I walked into his office, I had just sort of blurted it out and he had obviously smelt Drystan on me and behind me when I walked in so he knew before I was even able to utter a word. 

"How could you be so stupid?! He told you himself, he wants his family back! How can you believe anything that piece of shit says!" He roared and I bared my throat to him as he walked closer to me. I didn't want to talk, I knew I'd probably trigger another one of his anger-induced rants. 

Drystan was outside of his office, hearing each and every word that Pops yelled at me. I wasn't able to butt in, so I just stood there and let him yell at me. 

I knew why he was so mad, he was trying to protect me and his way of doing that was keeping the things that hurt me as far away as possible. Now that I released one of the people that hurt me, he was more than just mad.

"I am going to kill hi-" 

"Pops! You would've done the same exact thing, don't you dare try and lecture me about it when both of us know you would've not wasted a single second if it was dad who was in one of those cells." I exclaimed, throwing my arms up in exasperation. 

He was quiet, looking at me with narrowed eyes. It made me feel as if I was being watched by a hawk. It was honestly terrifying. I never talked back, not even when I was little. 

"Drystan is my responsibility.  If he does anything, I'll.. put him back in that cell myself. I swear. If Eden and dad were able to forgive him then so should you, cut him some slack. He's my mate, dad." I explained, suddenly feeling tired. 

I knew he wasn't going to forgive him, it wasn't in his nature to forgive people. He rarely ever did. People sometimes thought he forgave them, but he merely just looked past the things that they had done and chose to let them live. I'd been forgiven by him before, he's very open when he forgives you. He's not quiet about it. 

But the least he could do was look past the things Drystan did. 

Wouldn't be that surprised if he kicked him out... or me. 

"I'm not forgiving him but he is your mate so I'll let him live. He can stay in the house, just make sure he doesn't go near Eden." He said, making me smile which make him shake his head. 

I knew how much he opposed the idea, but he knew it would've crushed me if he hadn't let Drystan stay. He sat down on top of his desk, crossing his arms over his chest before giving me a stern look. 

"If you trust him, tell him about the plan. You should also go talk to Eli and Mal because it's happening tomorrow. You gotta wake up at 5am and then we're gone." He explained which made everything click inside my mind. He wanted me to say goodbye to my loved ones, in case I didn't make it back. 

Which first of all, 

I'm Ace fucking Villin, 

I won't die that easily. 

Second of all, they knew that. I'd make it back and be with my family. I wouldn't let some weird ass vampire king kill me. 

I nodded nonetheless, knowing I wouldn't do it but didn't want to say no to him. That shit's scary. 

I walked out of his office, immediately being greeted by Drystan. I looked over my shoulder at Pops to see that he was glaring at Drystan. I rolled my eyes, shutting the door behind me before I grabbed Drystan's hand and went upstairs to my room with him. I sat down on my bed the moment we got to my room. Drystan laid down on the bed beside me. 

"Ace?" I hummed, turning to look at Drystan with a raised brow. He was biting his lip and twirling his thumbs, he was nervous. Why was he nervous? 

"I heard what your dad said, about tomorrow. Is it really happening?" He mumbled and I sighed, raking my fingers through my hair. I looked away from him, choosing to stare at the wall in front of me instead. 

"Yeah, tomorrow. It'll be fine, though. We'll all live, nothing bad is gonna happen. We'll go in, kill Aedion, get out. As easy as that." I said and I felt his hand on my shoulder causing me to look at him. I leaned over and placed a gentle kiss onto his lips. 

"We'll be going to war tomorrow." 

HEEHEHE?? 

Can't believe this book's gonna come to an end soon. 

There's only like 2 more chapters LEFT. 

OH 

MY 

GOD.

I know this one was short but I'M JUST SO EXCVITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER EHEHEH