Chapter Ten

Song for the entire chapter, listening to it throughout the entire chapter is optional but I do recommend it even if it won't fit some of scenes. Week No. 4 By Fabrizio Paterlini.

"What the fuck was that?" I exclaimed, feeling like I was on another planet. My grandpa rolled his eyes, patting my shoulder before moving away from me.

"I had to look into your memories to be able to tell when your birthday was. It's today, happy birthday kid. You turn 18 in a couple of hours." He said with a soft smile, making me smile too.

It was today, I had had some sort of an itching feeling that it would've been today, and I was right. Drystan looked beyond thrilled, almost as if he was pouncing off of the trees, he was buzzing with excitement.

"Before you go back home, however, I do have to ask.. Do you guys know everything about the prophecy?" Ares asked, I didn't know shit but Drystan did. I don't think Drystan knew as much as my grandpa did but he for sure knew more than me.

We both shook our heads as a no, wanting him to tell us what he knew.

"Alright, well your mate bond isn't a normal one. It's one of the strongest mate bonds to have ever existed. If you guys ever fight and you don't sort it out, it'll feel almost as if you guys rejected each other. It'll be really hard for you to be mad at each other, you will want to see nothing but love, even if one of you do something bad, you'll be blinded by love. It's like a normal mate bond but way more intense. If you guys hurt each other in some way, it'll once again feel like you got rejected." The more he explained, the more scared I felt.

This mate bond was a lot. I wasn't a person to be able to resolve conflict, if I fought with someone I'd hold a grudge for hours, maybe even weeks. This mate bond was the best thing to happen to me, but also the worst thing to happen.

Suddenly, I felt a warm sensation invade my body, as if I was on fire. A heavenly scent filled my nose, a mixture of vanilla and honey. My eyes immediately went to Drystan as he talked to my grandpa. I felt nothing but love for him all of the sudden, all of those bad feelings I had or thought about him were gone, replaced with adoration.

He was my mate, I realized. Taking my phone out of my pocket and looking at the time. 8pm on the dot, that must mean I'm 18. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Drystan glance at me, probably confused as to why I was being so quiet.

I hadn't exactly believed him when he told me we were mates, I mean who would believe a stranger?

I smiled to myself, looking up at Drystan. He didn't seem to notice me looking at him. I took that time to take in his features. I noticed small parts of him, how he had coloured his hair black and his real hair colour was growing back, his roots were a dark brown, with a burgundy undertone to them.

He had a tiny, almost not even there, scar that went onto his right eye, it was faded and had also caused his right eye to be lighter than the left. I could see a tattoo on his collarbone, it appeared to be some sort of a flower. He was beautiful, breathtaking.

How did I out of all people end up with such an incredible mate. He was goofy, caring, sensitive, and just amazing. He cared about people, even the ones he didn't want to care about. Even when I was little, that day when his dad had tried making a deal with Blake, I could see on his face that he didn't want it, because he wanted me to be able to live my life with my mate.

He didn't care about ruling, he probably didn't even like the fact that he should've been crowned king of his vampire clan. He wanted to be happy and nothing else, he wanted to live. He must've gotten into some kind of argument with his father about ruling the clan, that had to have been the reason he got kicked out.

I watched as he smiled at my grandpa, I saw a pair of fangs in his mouth, no surprise there but it was like he was trying to hide them. He didn't smile big, almost not even letting any of his teeth show, but you could tell it was a genuine smile but not his real one. His real smile was probably toothy, showing all of this teeth as his eyes probably wrinkled a little too.

"Ace?" My dad, Declan, who hadn't know I was home, he ran to me, tackling me in a big hug. I savored it, savored the feeling of my dad hugging me because I knew, I knew I wasn't going to come back home for a while after this. Because of my own personal reasons, not because of them. Not anymore.

"Hi dad." I said, smiling softly against his shoulder. I heard a quiet sniffle and chuckled, he was crying. I knew someone was going to start crying when I was here, I just thought it would've been Blake and not Declan. He pulled back and gasped, looking between both of my eyes making me almost dizzy as I tried to follow his.

"Your eyes... they're darker.." I frowned at that, confused, because why would my eyes be darker? Nothing changed, I hadn't turned my emotions off, I hadn't done anything bad. I just found my mate.

"You found your mate?" He asked, surprising me. He laughed at my shocked expression as I nodded.

"How did you know?"

"I'm your dad. I can tell. Well.. who is it?" I looked over at Drystan, smiling at him before looking back at my dad.

"Dad, this is Drystan. My mate." I said as I walked over to Drystan, grabbing his hand. Ares smirked, he had probably seen me staring at Drystan, he had also probably felt the fact that I had finally found my mate. My dad looked surprised, Blake came over to us, putting his arms around Declan's waist as he whispered something to him which made Declan smile.

"I'm happy for you, kid." Pops said with a smile, looking as if he was about to burst out crying at any second. Eden looked... like Eden, he didn't show any sort of emotion, not anger or sadness but not happiness either. Declan on the other hand, was crying, his shock turning into happiness and his happiness turning into happy tears. Ares looked thrilled, he was probably expecting me and Drystan to start popping out grandchildren for him but that was not my plan, and hopefully not Drystan's plan either.

Drystan hugged me, burying his face in my neck as he started crying quietly. I laughed, hugging him back. He was surprised, I don't think he had believed himself either when he told me we were mates, he was probably just letting his feelings talk for him. But he was happy, beyond happy.

I had dreamt of finding my mate, not this fast but maybe when I was a little older. This was way better. Having a hunch of who your mate might be was better than having to wait years until you found them.

I didn't care that Drystan was male anymore, even if I had been attracted to girls my entire life. Things change, I wouldn't say I'm gay.

I'm Drystansexual.

Which is better than being anything else, I'm gay for Drystan and only Drystan, nobody else.

YOOO

OMFG

I am really proud of myself for writing this chapter this fast.

I hope you liked it! It was a little rushed, but I have a lot planned for this book so it will take some time before I finish it.

THOUGHTS?!?!??!?!?

Love youuu <3