1 | Hey, Donna

3𝙍𝘿 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

Finney had been at work for less than 2 hours when his usual, Robin Arellano, walked into the Café walking to the front counter to order his usual: Black Iced Coffee with Whipped Cream.

"Your usual?"
Finney asked sweetly with a smile. The warm toned lights were beaming towards where he was standing, making his curly head of hair a brighter shade of brown than before.

"You know it chico guapo."
Robin said, returning a smile back to him.

Finney never really knew what "Chico guapo" meant. He always assumed it meant something like sir or something like it, but he never really cared. To him, Robin was just his regular in the coffee shop he worked for, and a classmate of his.

"You got it!"
Finney said cheerfully trying to swat away his thoughts about this "nickname" he was called frequently by Robin.

Finney turned around and started brewing his coffee. He cooled it down and sprayed the whipped creme on it. He topped it off with a lid and straw, sliding it to the Coffee-Pick-Up counter.

"Alright Robin, you're total is 5 dollars, as usual.."
Finney said with a laugh.

"Thanks Finney."
Robin said with a sweet smile, aswell laughing, sliding Finney a ten dollar bill.

"Keep the change."
He added, walking out the door slurping his coffee.

For some reason Finney felt something in his stomach. He wouldn't call it butterflies in his stomach, but more like the feeling you feel when you are really nervous that your stomach starts hurting. Why was he nervous? Doesn't matter, it's time for him to close.

He finished closing down the Café when he saw his ride, Bruce, pull up into the parking lot beeping his horn. Bruce drove Finney around almost every where because one, Finney can't drive, and two, his father can't either considering he's constantly drunk.

Finney ran outside and waved as he walked towards the passenger seat door. He opened the door and sat down, greeting Bruce.

"Hey Bruce"
Finney said with a smile.

"Hey Finn! How was work?"
Bruce said back cheerfully.

"It was good! Same old same old haha"
Finney said back laughing. Bruce laughed back, pulling out of the Cafe's parking lot driving down the freeway.

They were on the road for approximately 10 minutes when Bruce glanced at Finney.

"Hey Finney, are you okay?"
Bruce asked sincerely, worried for his best friend. Finney was deep in thought, Bruce's voice startled him, making him jump a little.

"Oh yea I'm fine just tired"
Finney said back in complete truth.

"You sure? You look like you've seen a ghost!"
Bruce said sarcastically, laughing at his own joke.

"I'm positive!"
Finney said after giggling at Bruce's joke.

Bruce pulled into the Blake residents driveway, putting his car in Park. Finney was getting out of the car but Bruce started talking to him.

"Hey, I'll see you in the morning?"
Bruce said, pointing at Finney with his thumb and pointer fingers and a smile. Today was Sunday, that means they'd be off to school in the morning.

"Y'know it! See you then!"
Finney replied waving goodbye before closing the car door and opening his front door with his key.

As soon as he got into his room he heard his phone ringing, it was easy to guess who was on the other end ringing his line because very little people called him because he preferred in person interaction.

"Hello?"
Finney said, picking up the phone.

"Hey babe!"
Donna said through the phone, you could hear the smile through her voice. Finney didn't know why, but the word "babe" coming from her made his stomach turn, not in a good way.

"Hey Donna"
Finney said in reply trying to act like he was fine.

"Watcha doin'?"
Donna asked sweetly.

"Working.."
Finney lied. He didn't know why. But he knew that if he lied and said he was at work, Donna would lay off and let him "work".

"Oh, I'm sorry baby, I'll call you later?"
Donna said with a giggle.

Theres the thing again that happened when she called him babe, his stomach turned. He quickly ended the call with a quick goodbye before hanging up, he didn't even give Donna a moment to say bye.

He flopped onto his bed and sighed. Getting lost in thought..

Finney's POV:

I've always been unsure about my sexuality. For awhile I went with being unlabeled, but then I thought I was bi. I've always had a thing for guys but I have a girlfriend.. so I guess I was bi. I love her yes but I can't tell if that love is romantic or platonic anymore. Yes, it was once romantic but I don't think I'm supposed to be alarmed by her calling me coupley names. I think I'll talk to her about it tomorrow. I think I might be gay. I might be wrong about being bi. It doesn't feel right.

Lying to Donna, doesn't feel right.