Chapter 13

Casey's POV

I slowly woke up with the sound of a beeping monitor. I looked around and saw I layed in the hospital.  Then I noticed the 13 people in my room. Who are these people? What am I doing here? "Hey. How are you feeling?" a sweet voice asked from my right side. I crawled back until I hit the wall. The eyes of the girl widened and she put her hands for her mouth. She started to wake up the other 12 people and they all came sitting around my bed. "She doesn't remember." the tallest girl said. "I'll get the doctor." their mother said and walked out. "Do you remember us?" the one with green eyes carefully asked. I slowly shook my head. I could see a disappionted look in her eyes. I slowly looked around again at all the girls. They all had this disappionted look in their eyes. Their mother came walking in with a doctor. "How are you feeling?" he asked. I nodded my head. "Okay. I'm going to explain to you wath happened to you, okay?". I slowly nodded. That's when he explained everything. These people are my family. He told me why I don't remember and what is going to happen. After that he left the room, someone gave me a pair of clothes and I went to the bathroom to get changed. I just got a pair of black skinny jeans, a pink T-shirt with the text 'Don't give up' and a black Adidas jacket.

<Christina's POV>

Poor Casey. This was all my fault, again! She was scared for us. I almost started to cry when the doctor explained to her what happened, but Katherine quickly grabbed my hand. We are now in the van driving home. I sat in the back with Casey and Lauren. It was just like the first day we adopted her. She was just staring out of the window at nothing. "Hey Casey. I'm Lauren." Lauren said softly to Casey. "You know you also stared out of the window like that the first time we met each other.". Casey turned around and looked at us. She grabbed her notebook, wrote something down and showed it to us. "Tell me more." said it. "Well... Okay." Lauren said while looking at me over her shoulder. "At first you were a really shy girl, but with time you began to open up a bit more. You even talked. My name was the first thing you ever said.". She stopped and smiled. "You took care of me when I was sick and you always knew how to make us happy when we were sad. You understood the problems someone had and always tried to solve them.". "What happened that night?" she wrote. "You really wanna know?" I asked her. She nodded. I took a deep breath and began. "The boys were asleep and all of us girls were in your, Lisa's, Laurens and Dani's room just having fun. Suddenly there was this gunshot. I told you and the rest to stay here while I went downstairs to look what was going on. Ther was this huge man standing in the living room and he aimed a gun at me and our parents. The police arrived and he wanted to take me hostage, but then you came running down. You sacrificed yourself for me. He took you and their was nothing I could do." I ended the story and started to cry softly. Lauren quickly hugged me and Casey stared at me with those eyes that said: "I can't believe I did that.". The van stopped and I noticed we we're home. "Are you going to be okay?" Lauren carefully asked me. I nodded. "Yeah, thanks." I answered. She got out and took Casey to their room. I knew how bad Lauren wanted to help Casey and that made me smile. "Hey, are you coming?" Katherine asked me. She waited for me at the frond door. I smiled at her, nodded and got out. Lauren was already busy with showing Casey around again and Lisa and Amy just sat on the couch watching them as they walked trough the house. I joined them and sat down next to Amy. We just watched the others running around. "I know it's hard, but we have to. For her." Amy whipered in my ear before she got up and went to her room. "Let's watch a movie." Lisa said bored while she turned the TV on. Before I could say anything she put on her favorite movie 'eat, pray and love'. I quickly made some popcorn and joined her. During the movie the rest of the family slowly joined us. First Amy, Katherine and Dani and then Alex, little Nick, Joey and Christian and finaly mom, dad and Micheal. Lauren and Casey were the only two missing.

<After the movie>

After the movie ended I went upstairs to search Lauren and Casey. First their room. Nobody. Them my room. Also nobody. Then the recording/computer room. Here they are looking video's of the two of them making fun at the beach and the backyard. "Hey. Where were you two the whole time?" I asked them while I entered the room.  "We were here the whole time. Why?" Lauren aswered. "Well the rest of us just watched a movie and you were the only two that didn't join us.". "Well, I was showing Casey around and after that we watch old video's from us making fun. You know. Trying to help her remember.". "That's fine Laur. Are you coming downstairs? I think dinner's ready.". She nodded and stood up. Casey stood up to and together we walked downstairs. I hope Lauren can help her.

<After dinner>

Lisa's POV

I was just lying on my bed thinking how I could help Casey getting her memory back. I suddenly knew something and walked to my closet. I pulled out a big photo album and run to Christina's, Amy's and Katherines bedroom. "Hey Casey. I found this. You might wanna see it." I said to Casey while I sat down on Christina's bed. They all gathered around me and Casey sat down beside me. I gave her the photo album and she just gave me a questioning look. "See for yourself." was the only thing I said. She opened the album and started looking trough it. "Hey, this one is from you and me in our halloween costumes." Lauren said pointing at a picture. "Yeafh, and this one is from Christmas evening." Amy said pointing to another one. "Oh and here we're standing under Dani's special mistletoe for hugs." Lauren said laughing. I looked over at Christina and Katherine who were sitting on Amy's bed. They both had this big smile on their fase. I stood up and sat down next to Christina. "Hey Chrissy. Why are you smiling like that?"I asked her. "Why not. Look at those 4." she said still looking at Casey, Lauren, Dani and Amy. They were very busy looking trough the album. They were so sweet and innocent.