Chapter 11 - Five Will Always Be Five...

"A Irish pub? Really?" Y/n stopped her car a couple of streets away from the grassy knoll, she pulled the handbrake and turned her car off, they were probably gonna leave it there for a while. The three walked out the car and in the place, eyes scanning for a older looking version of the tiny guy that seemed to already be in a mood. Maybe the paradox psychosis was already taking effect on him.

"Well, there I am." He said looking at an old man sitting at the bar, he was dressed in commission formal attire, a notebook on the counter, briefcase in front of his feet and... weirdly straight and tense position. The three leaned a little to the side to look at him behind a column.

"Why don't we just grab the briefcase and run?" Asked Luther, he and his brother had leaned back to shortly set up a plan, Y/n stayed bent, trying to figure out how was this older-younger version of Five not much taller then her version of him. Not that the current Five was her's per say...

"You look like you have a stick up your ass..." Commented the woman. Five exhaled in annoyance at the sentence, so what if he was a little composed.

"Luther, I-" He grabbed the shoulder of the woman making her straighten up and get in the conversation with him. "Eyes on me." He pointed at his face before going back to talk to Luther.

"Yes sir..." She mumbled, the force he had used to pull her back was surely not of the normal amount.

"I would never let that happen. We're trained to guard these briefcases with our lives. Plus, It's the inherent paradox where this gets tricky. I'm endangering my existence just being in the room with myself."

"huh— What do you mean?" Y/n sighed slightly, she loved Luther but he was a big dumb, at least e wasn't too emotionally stunned.

"Luther, try to keep up. If old me doesn't travel back to 2019 like he's supposed to, the whole thing unravels itself. I cease to exist. You got me?" Luther looked at Y/n in search of clarity, she nodded trying to tell him to just nod and smile. He mimicked her with his usual confused look.

"It's easier than you think Luther, is like... if I go back to yesterday and... lock you up somewhere, you wouldn't be able to be here in this very moment, different actions resulting in different consequences." She tried to put him in the explanation, maybe he would understand better like that. He didn't, or I mean he kinda did, his face looked less confused but it didn't hint that he had fully grasped the concept.

"I get you." He finally said now looking back at Five. Y/n just snorted in amusement, this two were complete opposites, not only because one was a tiny teen and the other a big ass adult but also intellectually wise.

"So our best chance is to talk with him, to reason with him. He'll understand. Trust me. I know myself better than. Uh... better then I know myself." Five scratched his neck shortly setting Luther worried, they argued about the paradox psychosis already taking effect on him.

"Wait. Maybe I should go first."

"Why?"

"Well, you'll freak him out. Bumping into your own tiny doppelgänger? He will lose his shit. Just let me break the ice." Five agreed to the idea, it was indeed a good idea, knowing how defensive Five his. So Luther walked towards the older-younger Five.

"You don't sound so sure of yourself." Confessed Y/n looking at the profile of the tiny version of Five beside herself. The guy cracked his neck a little irked by her thought.

"I'm fine." His voice was strained, his hand went up to scratch again his neck but this time Y/n stayed silent, let's try to tame him before he breaks down too early. She did take action tho, her hand stopping him from scratching himself.

"Op. Don't freak out. No freak-outs." They heard Luther, it seemed like it was time for introductions.

Five slowly walked out his hiding spot behind the column and the two versions looked at each other, eyes impossibly wide. "Hey there, stranger." The two kept looking at each other, with unreadable expressions on their faces.

"Ok let's sit and talk this out, we are loosing time." Y/n broke the staring contest between the two, nudging her version of Five back into existence. Five cleared his throat and nodded, the four of them took a sit at a table. Luther had asked for four drinks that were served with a exceptional speed.

"Wow... I might just come here after my shifts now." Y/n smiled at the waiter while Luther started to already sip on his drink, the tension around the table growing thicker.

"Well, this is nice isn't it? The four of us, together like this." He asked hopping to break the ice a little.

"No." Was the reply of the two Fives sitting in front of each other.

"Somebody explain to me how it is I'm having a pint of Guinness with my younger self."

"Older, actually."

"I have pubic hair smarter then you. How is that possible?" Spitted out the older Five.

"You all really have no finess." Mumbled Y/n sipping at her pint, the older but younger Five glared at her for a second before the younger but older Five distracted him again.

"I can explain. You see, one hour from now, on the grassy knoll, before the president is killed, you break your contract with the commission." Started to tell the school boy Five. The one sitting opposite to him drifting his gaze from him to the unknown girl who's presence itched his brain. He was taking in the information while trying to understand who in the hell was she, for some reason he could not ignore her.

"I already know you're thinking about it. All those years in the apocalypse, we never stopped worrying about our family. Well, today, you are going to do something about it. Today, you are going to attempt to time travel forwards to 2019. However, you are going to screw up the jump and end up in this twip of a body, trapped forever, small, pubescent." He marked the last words with a harder tone, expressing his distress in being stuck in his new old but younger body. This was starting to hurt Y/n's brain, older but younger, younger but older, old body but is a young one. Geez, she sipped again, the drink cold on her tongue but warm on hear throat.

"Okay." The Other Five's voice was small, he probably shivered at the thought of being trapped in that young teen body, a fart coming out of him making Y/n re-think, maybe he was just trying to hold in his farts. What stage of the paradox psychosis was it again? Fourth, stage four. "Even if I was to believe you, what am I supposed to do about it, not jump?"

"No, no. I need you to jump. If you don't jump, I cease to exist. What I need from you is to jump correctly."

Five eventually explained how they ended up looking like that, a miscalculation. That brought the conversation to the proposition of a deal, the correct calculations in exchange for the briefcase. Luther dived in explaining it in a simpler way, hopping to settle down the second Five that slightly got defensive at the mention of the briefcase.

"Timeline restored. Paradox resolved. Everyone goes on existing happily ever after."

"That's quit a bit to take in."

"What do you think?" Asked Y/n's Five, the tension growing thicker, she really wanted to cut it open, it was really not a necessity, if Five was a smart guy he would not have such a tense moment with himself right?

"What does he have to think about?" Exasperatedly asked Y/n towards her Five. "Is your own plan it must work." Now addressing the older looking one, she was trying to cut short the moment but Five just revealed himself to be a drama queen.

"And who the hell are you exactly?"