Chapter 8 - Colorful Supper

"Fine..." Y/n retreated herself, Five smiled in victory and inserted himself back in the discussion while the two walked back to the group. "Diego and I have been trying to talk to Dad about what exactly this means."

"And Y/n. Thank you for the consideration." She added to deaf ears, the group just glanced at her before going back to the main topic.

"So far, we've got nothing."

"Not nothing. We know he's planning to kill Kennedy." Interrupted Diego with his stubborn theory, he remembered her of Elliott at the beginning of this whole aliens stuff.

"Maybe. But we don't know who or what sets doomsday in motion. Could be Kennedy, could be something entirely independent. But if we know something changes the timeline, we have to make it right again." The group started talking about Diego's theory about their father being the culprit and about having to save the president. Y/n didn't have the mind to pay more attention then just listen, eventually the voices started to overlap with different and opposite ideas, she felt like she was back in the kinder-garden section of the hospital. Her patience was already running thin, she glanced at Five that was lost in his head, she could not rely on him to stop his siblings.

"Guys!" She said with a loud and steady voice shutting all of them up, Five rose from his mind at hearing her calling for them. He looked at the woman like she had just fished him out of the water, thankful that someone could take over for him. "One at the time, please." Five jaw swayed slightly at the memory he had the displeasure to remember, he spoke first.

"You all die. I was there. I saw it. And I wanna forget it, but I can't. I saw Russian nukes vaporize the world with all of you in it... in a war that never happened until we brought it here. And Hazel gave his life to save us, so you may need to shut up and just listen to me. I don't know if the things we've experienced here are all connected. I don't know if there's a reason for everything. But Dad will. We need to talk to him before everyone and everything we know is dead."

"Okay, I'm out."

"Did you even hear me, Luther?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I did. I heard a 58-years-old man who still wants his daddy to come and fix everything. Well you can count me out. It's time we all grew the hell up." His siblings scolded him all together with the tone of their voices, Diego and Y/n standing up to at least reason with him.

Five blinked in front of him to stop him. "No one leaves until we figure this out." Luther sighed, he grabbed Five by the blazer and threw him of the stairs, high, like a volleyball. Y/n covered her mouth her hands detaching from the railing, the guy blinked somewhere else before he could hit the floor.

"Jesus, Luther what the hell..." Mumbled Y/n, the big guy shrugged his shoulder leaving the place with Diego tailing him. "What are you all? A group of teens stuck in adults bodies?" She asked turning to the three people left sitting on the couch. Allison moved her hand in a dismissing way, not wanting to get into that discussion either.

"I need to go, please tell Five-... don't tell him anything actually." She caught herself from telling them to assure him she was going to be back the morning after, there was no reason for her to be that considerate and no reason for the child man to care for her. "See you tomorrow."

She was out in seconds, she actually jogged back to her car.

———

Her home was right in front of her in a good 20 minutes, she didn't live far away but let's confess, she did push the car a little more then usual. She checked her appearance on the small mirror, now ready to see her mom before all the mess about saving the world. A car pulled up beside her, a black expensive car. She got out of her sit slowly, eyeing the out of place vehicle, she was on a side of Dallas that didn't often welcome a lot of limousine cars.

"Emh..." A man all dressed in black walked out of the car, at first she thought it was Reginald Hargreeves himself... but then she mentally slapped herself, she was no one for the man to send someone for her. The man gifted her a paper with the request of her presence for a light supper on the 20th of November at 1624 Magnolia Street. She flipped the paper to see if it was a scam or if there was anything more, she then looked at the man that winked at her. "Excuse me... this must be a mistake, I'm not a Hargreeves."

"Sir Hargreeves wanted to see all the people that he had seen... it's bad enough that we couldn't find the other girl." He left her there in front of her house. She sweared stuffing the paper on her bag, pausing the problem for later. She walked up the steps of the porch of her mother and entered.

"Mom, I'm home."

———

The elevator dinged arriving at the last floor of the building, the sound covered by the explosion of the fruit statue in the middle of the table. Y/n entered the floor at the sight of people covered in food, Diego leaning over the table accusing Reginald of planning to kill the president. What the hell did she just walk into?

She froze at seeing Reginald talking back at him, with the accent of a British person. Reginald Hargreeves shrunk Diego back in his sit, words visibly cutting through his mind, a tear gushing out his left eye... he could just stutter after him.

"You are late." Added Reginald looking at the woman standing still in front of the elevator. Everyone turned towards here with a questioning look, Y/n swung from one feet to the other shortly, the gaze of all those people making her step back a second, but she pushed through it, faking confidence.

"You'll have to excuse me Sir, if I knew that being humiliated and crashed by your words this evening was a possibility I would have made sure to not come at all." She smiled sitting at the only empty sit, between Allison and Five.

"You have quite the sharp tongue, don't you? What's your power?"

"She doesn't have a power, she is just helping." Cut in Five, he didn't like the idea of the woman being in that room, why had his father asked for her presence too? No idea, but surely he wasn't gonna let him throw shade at her too, his brothers were used to him, she wasn't and he didn't want her to be unstable after. Thus far she had been the only balance between them all.

"So, she not only runs her mouth, she also has no reason to do it?"

"I'll show you a reason if you keep asking oh so kindly." Snarled the girl glaring at him. Five talking a second after her to shift the subject and prevent a words blood bath.

"Look, forget about the president. We have a catastrophic war coming in five days. We need to figure out how to stop it." The situation escalated quickly from there, Reginald had nothing useful to say and half of his kids were loosing it under the careless blabbering of his.

Klaus had something like a seizure and was now groaning on the ground closed in a fetal position, Luther had ripped his shirt to show his father what he had done to him. It was safe to say that Reginald was done and possibly even disappointed by the group in front of him.

"You in the culottes. A word, in private." Five stood up quickly leaving the rest of his family there. Slowly they all started to gather their things, not that they had a lot around, and called for the elevator that opened swiftly, already at their floor.

"Wait, Dieg. Are you ok?" She asked holding back the taller one, she had her hand on his elbow, he looked at the touch and then at her face, hurt still laced in his eyes. He didn't need to reply to that. "He's an ass, I'm sorry." She said gaining a small small from the guy that appreciated her sensible approach.

"I already knew he was going to be like that."

"It's still his fault." She assured him, he nodded thankful of her words and joined his siblings in the elevator.

"Aren't you coming?" He asked holding for the door, weirdly enough he had found comfort in her caring self, she shook her head slightly and looked towards Five's direction, scared that the little guy would crumble at being alone with the man. He looked unaffected by the man's presence but you can never tell, she had noticed his scared expression that morning, when he was lost in the memory of his siblings dying in front of him again.

"I'll see you at Elliott's alright?" She smiled towards him gaining a small smile back, the elevator doors closed and she was standing alone in front of it. Waiting for Five to be done with his father.